Strange Problem With Listenserver

DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
AMD Athalon XP 1700+
1GB PC2100 SDRAM
ATI Radeon 8500 64MB
SB Live Platinum

At some point in NS 3.0 beta I started having problems with starting listenservers with a shortcut. When I started a listenserver with a shortcut it would lag horribly, I would "stick" and keep moving in a certain direction after I stopped pressing the move key, and when I jumped the jump would happen a second or two after I pressed the keys. The problem reminded me of problems I have had when I accidentally forgot a double quote in my config.cfg. However I double and triple checked my config.cfg and userconfig.cfg and there were no problems of that sort. Once the problem started the only way to fix it was to replace my config.cfg with a clean copy. If a started a listenserver through the NS game menu, it started without a problem, however I couldn't get access to my Admin Mod commands no matter what I did. And before someone jumps all over Admin Mod, I tested it without Admin Mod or Metamod and the same thing happened.

However since 3.0 beta 4 I started having the same problem with listenservers started from the NS game menu as well. The real kicker for this problem is that once I started having the problem in NS I would start having the same problem with DOD, and the only fix for that problem was to completely reinstall Steam.