Dropships

CrematorCremator Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 27Members
just a question, specifically for flay...

how important are dropships?  im working on a little fiction to give background for my map, but it isnt done, so i wont spoil anything.  i will tell you that my map takes place in a deep sublevel of a building.  this happens to be one of the first levels the marines encoutner while on their way down, which means they landed on the surface.  anyway, i would like them to start without a dropship, so i just wondered if you care.

others' comments are also well appreciated.

Comments

• BlahmanBlahman Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 85Members, NS1 Playtester
    I don't think they are important at all; not all marines are going to be landing by dropship... suppose they were already there.
  • humbabahumbaba That Exciting Tales From the Frontline Guy Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 86Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Yeah, I've never mapped but Im starting one in a crashed marine ship on an alien world. I thought it might be cool to have the marines have to fight their way out. Since the game lends itself to a web pattern anyway, they could secure areas of the wrecked ship and get to the surface to eliminate the hives outside the ship . . but Ive said too much. Any good mappers, feel free to steal my not too brilliant idea anyway, Im sure the map I make with it will suck. Wow , . . . . Im off on a tangent here . . . hmmm . . . .  . . . yeah . . .