Of Offense Chambers And Siege Turrets....

2»

Comments

• RipurRipur Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7193Members
    i must be thinking of an older version then.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ripur+Aug 25 2004, 01:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ripur @ Aug 25 2004, 01:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i must be thinking of an older version then. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Older versions:

CC = 10k
    Hive = 6K
  • SmoodCrooznSmoodCroozn Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22310Members
    Theres always the click to spawn feature someone suggested, it would help because when your being spawn camped, just wait for your team and suddenly and hopefully you can overwhelm marines.
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    My spawn chamber is big enough to not fit in ANY vent. It's twice as big as an OC! If necessary, we can make it even bigger. And also, the n-build radius around it will ensure that aliens have room to get out.
  • MaianMaian Join Date: 2003-02-27 Member: 14069Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    Making a new chamber would require too much work - new art, new animations (building), revision of ingame menu, decent amount of coding, and much bug testing.
  • mirrodinmirrodin Join Date: 2004-06-29 Member: 29621Members
    But would it further balance the game? I think it might. I also think it is something worth looking into. Large game spawn queues are horrible.

BTW, I cant remember how to spell queues. If I am wrong someone correct me.
    maybe just have the hive spawn 2 aliens at a time instead of one?
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    You mean double the wait time, but if there are 2 or more aliens in REIN status, then two get spawned at the same time? It's an idea to look into...
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    in one word: wave spawn?
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    in one word: wave spawn?
    I don't know about doubling the wait time before 2 aliens spawn. Some increase would be nice, but the longer wait time might make the game harder for aliens if they have to go somewhere outside teh hive to fight.
  • mirrodinmirrodin Join Date: 2004-06-29 Member: 29621Members
    Increased skulk production?
    1 reinforcing first hive (Normal)
    3 reinforcing second hive? (+1)
    4 reinforcing thrid hive? (+1)

Since usually the second hive is up by the time the seige begins it might help increase the chances of repulsing the attack. Meh, just an idea.
  • raqualevangelraqualevangel Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26435Members
    siegeing should take longer. and if the siege takes damage it shouldn't be able to fire for a couple seconds.
  • illuminexilluminex Join Date: 2004-03-13 Member: 27317Members, Constellation
    Just for clarification: "wave spawn" is, in fact, two words. Thank you, thank you.

The three biggest changes that need to be implemented:

1.) Fixed kharaa res system

2.) Fixed Kharaa spawn

3.) Lifeform rebalancing.

For all I care they could nerf the OC's, but as long as they fix those 3 problems with Natural Selection: Classic, it might actually be fun to play again. That'd be a shock.

For all of you wondering, lifeform rebalancing means that the alien classes should be altered in terms of speed, HP, and AP to take away the reliance upon the fade to save the Kharaa team.

Oh yeah, and a nerfed MT would be extremely helpful.