Ender's Game.....

X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">the MOVIE!</div> Given how seriously and utterly bored i have been recently, i've been reading all the trivia i can on the IMDB and entering just random book titles and old film titles to see if there are any new films / remakes coming, and i just entered Ender's Game and... <a href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400403/' target='_blank'>Here it is.</a>

Hardly any information on there yet so it might not be made in the end, but if it is, i hope they do a good job rather than butcher the hell out of the book like so many other films did.

I don't know how many people already know, so i searched for Ender's Game and it only came up in favourite book threads etc. Orson Scott Card is on board as one of the screenplay writers (he wrote the book) so it shouldn't be wildly innaccurate.

Another "cult" type thing being remade is <a href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402344/' target='_blank'>Logan's Run.</a> Lets hope they don't mess that up either.

Anyway, useless facts hath no fury like the 16 year old bored.

Comments

• ConfuzorConfuzor Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2412Awaiting Authorization
    Yeah, I actually heard about plans for a movie back when I was in grade 11 actually (over a year and a half ago). Doesn't seem like they've gone far with it - I still remember they had plans to cast the little Anakin back then, but heck, he must be pretty old by now...
  • JavertJavert Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15954Members
    I heard of it a while ago to. They're going to have Wolfgang Peterson to direct and the series' author to write. I loved the book and sequel (Shadow) so I'm looking forward to it too.
  • laggerlagger Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1805Members
    I heard about it a LOOOng time ago as well. I assumed they have scrapped it by now.
  • HibameHibame Join Date: 2003-11-16 Member: 22974Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-lagger+Jul 31 2004, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (lagger @ Jul 31 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I heard about it a LOOOng time ago as well. I assumed they have scrapped it by now. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same here =/
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    The Logan's Run remake certainly looks stupid.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Plot Outline: A young man at odds with his society's mandatory death sentence for all those turning 21 plots a daring escape on the eve of his fateful birthday.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Everything about that is so wrong. <i>Everything</i>.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Insane+Jul 31 2004, 07:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Insane @ Jul 31 2004, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The Logan's Run remake certainly looks stupid.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Plot Outline: A young man at odds with his society's mandatory death sentence for all those turning 21 plots a daring escape on the eve of his fateful birthday.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Everything about that is so wrong. <i>Everything</i>. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I haven't seen the original for years but isn't that basically the same story (only i think it's 30 or something).
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    I don't think there's a way this movie can come out without it being extremely disappointing...
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--QuoteBegin-X_Stickman+Jul 31 2004, 11:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (X_Stickman @ Jul 31 2004, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Insane+Jul 31 2004, 07:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Insane @ Jul 31 2004, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The Logan's Run remake certainly looks stupid.

Everything about that is so wrong. <i>Everything</i>. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I haven't seen the original for years but isn't that basically the same story (only i think it's 30 or something). <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's thirty, yes. But Logan is several years off thirty, is not at odds with the death scentence and has no plans of escape; he's a Sandman, it's his job to kill people that try. He only decides to wing it after a computer effectively changes his age so he'll go in search of "Sanctuary" so that he can report back on it. No birthdays are involved on Logan's part.