Weapon Swiching Causes Crash

HappyEulerHappyEuler Join Date: 2004-06-14 Member: 29314Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Swiching quickly in 3.0 causes a crash</div> Just like the topic says, since I've updated to 3.0 (again) when I change weapons quickly by using the mouse wheel, my game will lock up then the screen will dim resulting in a crash. I can't even crtl-alt-delete to exit the game, it is a complete lock up. Any suggestions...or do I just have to suffer with slow weapon swiching until we get a new release of ns and hope that this doesn't happen in that update.

Please help, I can't think of what to do (which is odd because normally I can figure out what is wrong).

Comments

• JaspJasp Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13076Members
    Sounds like a sound card issue, because when you switch weapons fast the sound card has to play 2 diffrent files at once, one from the current weapon still coming out and the new file from the weapon you have switched to.

Of course i could be totally wrong about it, wouldnt be the first time.

Try updating sound/gfx drivers and a reinstall of NS.
  • HappyEulerHappyEuler Join Date: 2004-06-14 Member: 29314Members
    Thanks, I'll try if it works I'll edit this to say so.
  • HappyEulerHappyEuler Join Date: 2004-06-14 Member: 29314Members
    Tried it, didn't work. I have more information for the problem now (after taking notes when crashes occur).

I am often reloading my weapon at the armory when I continue holding the use key and I swich to my next weapon. Sometimes it doesn't crash it, but if I swich too quickly or swich the knife and click by mistake I lock.

It also occurs when I am firing one gun, the alien gets close to me so I attempt to swich my weapon while still firing and It locks.

This only occurs in the current beta, It does not, nor did it ever happen, in 2.01.

Anyother ideas.