Map Night Interest?

ZephorZephor Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11547Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">some night we play maps</div> I've been looking through all the great maps that I've seen recently and I know the time it takes to make one of them. I just had a idea to help out the ns mapping community a little bit.

Idea:
Every Thursday we'll get on a server (currently talking with the higher ups on the idea) and password it. The password will be posted in this forum and posted in the forum that the server belongs to. Regulars and mapmakers will go on the server and we'll play around the the server all night or until the server empties out.

Every Monday we will post a map and the info(we might need a webhost so people can download the maps even though I might be able to do it) which will be voted from Friday to Sunday. Everytime a completed map gets finished the maker will pm me the map. <b>The map must be made for offical ns use and must be finished </b>. Every Friday night I will post a poll with 3 maps to choose from. This forum will choose the map they want to play and that map will be chosen for the Monday info thread. The other 2 will wait until next week to try again.

What this is trying to accomplish:
1.) Getting maps some playtime
2.) Getting bugs cleaned out
3.) Checking for balance problems

If the admins the AOK and hopefully some good feedback here I'll post the info thread shortly.

Comments

• JabaswtJabaswt Join Date: 2004-04-18 Member: 27997Members, Constellation
    Hmm... Good idea i say... Maybe more then 3 maps for a poll.. Good idea on the other hand
  • ZephorZephor Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11547Members, Constellation
    I dont think there are THAT many maps to choose from and I think too many would make people just vote for their own and we will have 3 way ties etc.
  • Jean_Luc_PicardJean_Luc_Picard Join Date: 2003-02-03 Member: 13051Members
    We could help if you need ppl.. our clan could use a change in pace atm... and I could ask voog (I've been in his server a bunch lately) if he wants to help! (you know, Voogru, the god-on-earth man himself!)
  • ZephorZephor Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11547Members, Constellation
    I talked with a few admins and I dont think there will be problems. I think I'll start this off now in this thread. If you want to submit your map for a test night pm me a link to your map and maybe some screenshots of it (I'm going to go with ns_rust for next thursday(7/23/04) and see how it goes, we'll get the submitted maps the week after). I'll host the map after you submit it so no need to worry about that. Server will be here ns1.arsclan.net:27021 and password will be posted next monday(7/26/04).
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    edited July 2004
    Map: ns_altair_v6i
    Author: KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Thread: <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75133' target='_blank'>http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...showtopic=75133</a>
    EMail: kungfudiscomonkey@gmail.com

Now go forth and playtest!