Ps System And A Sprite Question

Mkk_BitestuffMkk_Bitestuff Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12407Members
OK, first, i test my particle system in NSPSEDIT, and it works fine. Then i exit out, w/o saving anything, compile and run the map, turn on cheats, join marines, wait 20 seconds and no Water Dripping.... Any ideas would be helpful.

Second, is there a sprite for alien blood, if so, can it be used with env_sprite. I want to make a barricade where it looked the the last survivors of a ship tried to fight of the aliens, and some blood would go quite well there.

Thats all for now, thanks in advance

Comments

• brute_forcebrute_force Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21433Members, Constellation
    First question: no idea. I have the same problem. I made a PS with steam rising from beneath a grate, and in NSPSEdit it shows fine, but it never shows up ingame.

Second question: use "infodecal" (be sure to include decals.wad (or something like that) in your textures, so you can choose which decal to use).
  • ShenTraXShenTraX Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22434Members, Constellation
    I though the psedit only has a 'save as' so it doesnt override the origional map in case of problems.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Double check if you have Start On enabled and High detail particles disabled.
  • Mkk_BitestuffMkk_Bitestuff Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12407Members
    I have checked both those things and they are set right, but still no drip. It is quite frusrating, but im sure i'll eventually figure it out and it'll be something real dumb.
  • EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    maybe "tri, not quads" checked? At least I often have problems when it's checked.