What's Wrong With Co

2»

Comments

• DMoDblackwolfDMoDblackwolf Join Date: 2004-07-03 Member: 29708Members
    i have a comment on leap zeno i play a leap zeno alot now but i nothiced even if you dont kill someone you badly hurt them leving them easy fodder for the rest and like you said earlyer they wont have time to weild themselfs before geting killed by a fade/onos/skulk
  • MrChainsawMrChainsaw Join Date: 2004-04-07 Member: 27786Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-illuminex+Jul 10 2004, 11:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (illuminex @ Jul 10 2004, 11:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This thread is all about nerfing the Kharaa side more. That's seriously the last thing that the Kharaa need. Another nerf. If you bothered to play the Kharaa side, you'd know that the Kharaa that are owning you have learned their weaknesses in game and have overcome them. The Kharaa have far more weaknesses than the marines do. Stop crying and understand. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Gotta love how some people can't distinguish the game from reality. Here's a clue: Although aliens and marines are seperate races IN THE GAME, in real life, they are all being played by human players. With me so far? Your post basically sounds like "ALIENS DON'T NEED A NERF, RINES JUST CAN'T AIM!!!", which is just as brilliant now as it was the first time I heard it.

Of course, you might be right, the aliens may have all overcome their weaknesses, but that would make them all regular players, and that would make all the marines newbies, and here is where we have a problem. Where are the good, regular players that like to stack the marine team? Could it be that they no longer play, or only play alien now, because (*GASP*) Playing as a marine isn't very rewarding!?! GOD FORBID!

• Cheez1Cheez1 Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12900Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-altairian+Jul 9 2004, 05:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (altairian @ Jul 9 2004, 05:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Anyhow i'm just saying that it only seems that aliens are stronger because like it or not, it takes less skill to be an excellent alien than it does to be an excellent marine.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    *gasp*

WTH? aliens are a lot harder to play than marines.
    Pub marines lose because they CANT SHOOT FOR ****. When you can have a marine unload his entire clip at you and only hit with 4 bullets, it's very very easy to play skulk =\
    Try playing a game with people who have a clue and see how the aliens do. The only thing that makes co winnable for aliens is leap and someone managing to pull of a rush to fade or lerk with a couple necessary upgrades. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well nice of you to judge me without knowing who i am. I was in the vetran program and have had my share of pub and clan play, i also play on only one server regularly as i have a reserved slot there and let me tell you we rarely get anyone who is a newbie on there.

I can honestly say without a doubt that if an experienced alien were to go up against an experienced marine, depending on their location on whatever map they may be on, the alien will win more ofthen than not. Why you say? well if you hadn't noticed pretty much all aliens are built for is to close the gap between them and a marine as quickly as possible. Leap? Blink? charge? celerity? higher default movement speed? ring any bells does it?

True marines can engage targets from a distance, but hitting a hopping and weaving, or leaping/blinking/flying alien is a task in itself. You can practice aim till your blue in the face but this isn't CS or TFC, the difference between your rate of fire, and the fact that you have limited ammunition will almost ensure that the alien can close in on you more often than not before he comes close to dying. Being a good marine in NS isnt about aiming, its about positioning, yep thats right. If you stand in an enclosed area with lots of corners and tight spaces, your looking to die, but if you hear a skulk coming, hide in a corner and jump him from behind, you're a skilled marine in my book. I'd have to say a skulk that doesn't get leap in combat is just looking to die, as any long hallway will spell death for him.

Long story short, marines are only winning when aliens dont have the skill stacked towards them. Since it's easier to become a "good" alien, the result is a majority of alien wins, but behind all this aliens are still the weaker race in NS.

Also, i've seen LOTS of marine stacking nowadays, as in all the more skilled players jumping on marines faster than you can say "gg.". I've come to the conclusion that they do this because they feel a marine win is a sure thing for them because they know they're a decent shot and that marine weapons can own anything aliens can throw at them if they know how to play their cards.

Personally i think the only change needed to NS is bringing back the old skulk health of 70/20 by default. This would mean skulks could live a bit longer and get that much needed final bite into a rambo marine.

Anyhow im done bashing and trashing for now.
  • Jared101Jared101 Join Date: 2004-02-22 Member: 26804Members
    my theory on how to fix co

skulks
    gorges
    lerks
    no fade
    no onos
    LA
    jp,with half of the fuel
    no gl
    no HA

the reason for the NO things is because they are what turn it into a lame fest

with it this way,people could learn how to skulk better,battle gorge,and other stuff rather than "Well,i better go fade because if i dont,ill just get owned by HAs"
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    Cheez it's true that learning to be a good alien is easier than a good marine, however a good marine has MUCH MUCH MUCH more kill potential
  • Cheez1Cheez1 Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12900Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Forlorn+Jul 14 2004, 11:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Forlorn @ Jul 14 2004, 11:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Cheez it's true that learning to be a good alien is easier than a good marine, however a good marine has MUCH MUCH MUCH more kill potential <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    that's what i was saying actually. The problem is a lack of good marines, but unfortunatly you can't balance the game dependant on player skill, you have to balance it based on numbers and statistics. They keep nerfing aliens and they keep winning, so what can you do? We can't keep nerfing aliens till skulks have 10 hp and marines spawn in with shotgun/jp...
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    I honestly think it's okay the way the game is now, in the idea that aliens are easier to learn (hard to master though) and in that way with lower kill potential they are forced to use teamwork, whereas marines should have a harder time winning based off of their skill.

Think 2.01. It was great, except the game was bland as hell. Marines had a tough time winning, but when marines had to really try it was a ton of fun.