How Do You Play Music

Jean_Luc_PicardJean_Luc_Picard Join Date: 2003-02-03 Member: 13051Members
<div class="IPBDescription">ON YOUR OWN MACHINE</div> Ok, I know there's a way to do it...

I've heard tell thta you can play music via voice com... THAT IS NOT what I want

What I want is to know how I can make MY computer play music while I'm in game... I konw it's possible, but for the life of me, i can't remember how... I know it's possible cause STEAM does it when starting a round (plays from my CD drive, but I want to play some of my MP3's...)

I made a folder in my NSP called MP3... now I just need to know how to play songs from it... 0o'

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    I think what you actualy want to do is thick them in them usic folder.

this will then either play them in orderor random (can't remember)

then there are commands like nexttrack or something (use the auto compleate to see)
  • Jean_Luc_PicardJean_Luc_Picard Join Date: 2003-02-03 Member: 13051Members
    really? hmm... now I just need to know all teh commandos
  • AlcapwnAlcapwn &quot;War is the science of destruction&quot; - John Abbot Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17590Members
    no no no.

Place your mp3''s in whatever folder you want. then go to the options menu in ns. go to advanced, you will see something for the mp3's. (i forgot, it should have folder names and stuff) point it to the correct folder. than open the console and type in:

bind x nexttrack

x can be whatever you want it to be. there ya go! whenever a round starts, youll here the music. In addition, press the key you bound to it to here more when you feel like it.

I have some wicked RA2/Ut2k3/ut2k4 music im my folder.
  • Swift_IdiotSwift_Idiot Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11883Members
    With NS, the only way I've found is replacing the music in the music folder with MP3s of your own. Then "nexttrack" bind to a button, and you're set. I have mine filled with wikkid jungle breaks.

For CS and other mods, the only way I've found to play music is to put a CD in your drive, and use "CD PLAY (track number here)" in console. Crude.