Whats Wrong With This Script..?

gEarsHiftergEarsHifter Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27985Members
edited June 2004 in NS Customization
<div class="IPBDescription">a blink-swipe script</div> Hi!

I seem to have troubles with my script... dunno what when wrong..

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias +blinkswipe "slot2; wait; +attack"
alias -blinkswipe "-attack; wait; slot1; wait; +attack; wait; -attack"
bind mouse2 +blinkswipe<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

when I exec it and push my mouse2, it only changes to blink but doesnt blink nor can I push my mouse1 to blink... then it changes back to swipe .. which is good..

So my question is.. how do I get the script to blink (actually move)??

Thank You!

Comments

• LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    "slot 2" requires you to +attack and then -attack to select it. So you need to add -attack wait +attack to that first line I believe.
  • AngryMonkeyAngryMonkey Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9603Awaiting Authorization
    I know what your trying to do, and what your probably going to say...but trust me on this...learn to use lastinv. Im not saying "dont script you hax0r"...what i mean is lastinv, when used properly, is by far better than any blink script.

This isnt true for leap scripts, they work very well. Blink scripts though require the weapon change, for you to then hold down the button, then the weapon change back...its not very effective as there is always a sleight delay...the best fades use lastinv.

Its kinda like bunnyhopping with a 3 jump script, or just with it bound to the mousewheel. Good bunnyhoppers use 3jump script, excellent bunnyhoppers use mousewheel.

As an added bonus to this your also future proofing yourself...blink/leap/jump scripts may well be taken out soon...mousewheel and lastinv will always be there though.

AngryMonkey
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    i dont use a blink script, i use hud_fastswitch 1 and use the keyboard numbers with my index finger, which usually hovers over R and T and E which a fade doesnt really use much
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited June 2004
    I made myself a more in depth script that lets me toggle a recreated lastinv. This lets me go between 1 and 2, 2 and 3, and 1 and 3. This way if the wrong thing gets selected you don't have to reselect your weapons for lastinv to work again. Here is how I have it set up in my "smove.cfg" file. (gets exec'd in the autoexec.cfg)

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->//////////////////
    //First Second
    //////////////////
    alias "goprimaryFS" "slot1;+attack;wait;-attack;bind mouse3 smove_FS1"
    alias "gosecondaryFS" "slot2;+attack;wait;-attack;bind mouse3 smove_FS2"

alias "smove_FS2" "goprimaryFS;"
    alias "smove_FS1" "gosecondaryFS;"

//////////////////
    //Second Third
    //////////////////
    alias "gosecondaryST" "slot2;+attack;wait;-attack;bind mouse3 smove_ST1"
    alias "gothirdST" "slot3;+attack;wait;-attack;bind mouse3 smove_ST2"

alias "smove_ST2" "gosecondaryST;"
    alias "smove_ST1" "gothirdST;"

//////////////////
    //First Third
    //////////////////
    alias "goprimaryFT" "slot1;+attack;wait;-attack;bind mouse3 smove_FT1"
    alias "gothirdFT" "slot3;+attack;wait;-attack;bind mouse3 smove_FT2"

alias "smove_FT2" "goprimaryFT;"
    alias "smove_FT1" "gothirdFT;"

//////////////////
    //Here is the toggle between the three.
    //////////////////
    alias "smove_FS" "echo First Second Scripts;bind kp_del smove_ST;bind mouse3 smove_FS1"
    alias "smove_ST" "echo Second Third Scripts;bind kp_del smove_FT;bind mouse3 smove_ST1"
    alias "smove_FT" "echo First Third Scripts;bind kp_del smove_FS;bind mouse3 smove_FT1"

//////////////////
    //The toggle button.
    //////////////////
    bind kp_del "smove_FS"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->