Major Mapping Prob

Mkk_BitestuffMkk_Bitestuff Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12407Members
OK, i am using VHE 3.5 beta, and i am having on of the wierdiest probs i have ever seen. I load my map up for testing, jumping into the marine team selection thingy, and get dropped back into the Ready Room as a Marine. I have tried EVERYTHING i can think of, even starting in the marine start and trying to go to the Ready Room. AND yes i do have info_team_start(s) set to team one, but they dont seem to work. I'm totally out of idea's and was wondering if any1 out there has some answers

Comments

• DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    1) Wrong Forum, this belongs in <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showforum=34' target='_blank'>Mapping Help & Troubleshooting</a>

2) This isn't major it has been covered many times. <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72745' target='_blank'>Like Here.</a>

3) Read more. Learn more. There are loads of tutorials on the net, both ns and non-ns related. I guarantee you every problem and/or obstacle you'll ever encounter has been documented somewhere. The search feature on this forum and google will turn up great results.

Happy Mapping,
    ~ DarkATi
  • NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons&#33; Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation
    does your map have the co_ or ns_ prefix?

do you have the team spawns?
  • Mkk_BitestuffMkk_Bitestuff Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12407Members
    edited June 2004
    sry bout wrong forum, i very rarely look at all the different ones, and yes it does have the team spawns and the ns_
  • Mkk_BitestuffMkk_Bitestuff Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12407Members
    also thx for the answer, i never have mapped for a mod that had a set amount of entities required for basic operations
  • NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons&#33; Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation
    hmmmm

do you have an info_gameplay?
    (i really dont know what would cause your problem beyond my first questions)
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Firstly: Search. This has been answered over and over.

Secondly: To get your readyroom working, ensure that you have all these things:

Your map must have 32 info_player_start, 48 info_team_start set to Team two, 16 info_team_start set to Team one, 1 info_gameplay, 1 info_mapinfo, 1 team_command, 3 team_hive
    Your map will also need an ns_ prefix (this is assuming you're making a game for NS Classic mode)

If for Combat:

Same thing, except 16 info_team_starts for both teams, 1 team_hive with "Start built" flag checked, 1 team_command with "Start built" flag checked
    It will also need a co_ prefix<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Make sure all of that holds true for your map.

~ DarkATi