The Slow Movement Problem

QuelTosQuelTos Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16313Members, Constellation
edited May 2004 in Tech Support
Hi there!

I already wrote a post about this topic in the new player forum, but the problem couldnt be solved.. so i post a summary of the problem here again.. including how i tried to solve it:

My Gaming Machine:
Gericom Blockbuster Notebook
P4 2,66 GHz
Radeon 9600 128MB
512MB
Win2k

The main-problem: I move and shoot slowlier than all the other players and it is not a speeddifference that could be caused by amonition or something like that. I move AND SHOOT at about the half speed of other players. In D3D my framerate is even down to 20FPS!!! and i think that has to do with my main-problem. In OpenGL i have 70-100 FPS, but the movement is slow as well.

What i tried: I turned VSync on and off, reinstalled Steam and NS (about 20 times). I reinstalled sound driver, graphic card driver (also tried new one), directX, turned NumLock on and off as well as CapsLock, i reinstalled Win2k, tried standard-cfgs
think that's all

I spent a lot of time in solving this problem, but i was not able to.
So..pls, could you tell me, what to do??

Comments

• KisanKisan Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18564Members
    I use to have this problem too and it was caused from me having too many programs open in the background. Try closing everything you dont need before starting a game.
  • QuelTosQuelTos Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16313Members, Constellation
    1. after reinstalling win2k hardly any other process than NS was running
    2. i tried (before reinstalling win2k) to kill every killable process.. with no effect