Missing W_loadwad Gfx.wad?

AvitarAvitar Join Date: 2003-09-11 Member: 20760Members
edited May 2004 in General Server Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Wth?</div> I know this is not a new problem, however in the forum search this problem was never answered in 4 threads about the same thing.

I am receiving the elusive gfx.wad error.

System Specs:
- win 2000
- 512 DDR
- AMD XP 2800+
- 50 GB Mirrored SCSI HD
- 1.5 DSL

Here is all of what i have installed:
- steam dedicated half life server 1.1.2.0 (HLDS latest version)
- metamod 1.7 (latest version)
- AMX mod 0.9.7.x (latest version)
- NS dedicated server 3.0 Beta 4a (latest version)
- meanloader 1.02 (latest version)

(Do i have to install the standard HL game too?)

I am almost positive it has to do with AMX since it runs ok without AMX MM running. Unfortunatly it does not create an error log to help out.

The command line i am using is:
<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->
C:\HLServ\hlds.exe -game nsp -maxplayers 12 +map co_core -console +port 27015 +exec banned.cfg +exec listip.cfg +exec server.cfg
<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

----------------------

I FOUND THE FIX:

Be absolutely sure you are running the right metamod version. I was using 1.7 off the metamod website. you must use the 1.7 that is off the forums or your amx sever will not work right.

Comments

• sawcesawce Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10787Members
    edited May 2004
    While I've never experienced this error, I did do one small test to try to get this error. I based it off of this line you posted:

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    (Do i have to install the standard HL game too?)
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So, I went into my test linux HLDS install, which works just fine currently, and I removed the hlds_l/valve/ directory.

Now, when I start hlds, I get this error:

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    [steve@linux hlds_l]$ ./start
    Auto detecting CPU
    Using AMD Optimised binary.
    Auto-restarting the server on crash

Console initialized.
    scandir failed:/home/steve/hlds_l/./valve/SAVE
    scandir failed:/home/steve/hlds_l/./platform/SAVE
    <b>FATAL ERROR (shutting down): W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad</b>
    Add "-debug" to the ./hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
    Fri May 21 17:58:13 EDT 2004: Server restart in 10 seconds
    Fri May 21 17:58:16 EDT 2004: Server Quit
    [steve@linux hlds_l]$
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If this is the same error you are getting, I would try installing the actual half-life game (the /valve/ directory). I always thought it was required to install the half-life game anyway. o_O

<b>Edit:</b> Bah. You found the fix as I was posting this. :\