Fading

ThardinThardin Join Date: 2004-01-05 Member: 25081Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Darn Shotties</div> I usually don't have a trouble with them in NS for I just blink away but how about combat?

The shotties that jump around you with lvl 2-3 weapon shotgun

Until I get celerity they jump out of my reach, so I blink above them for claw-by and one of the three happens.

-Reinforcements arrive, for me or them
-I over-shoot and die
-I hit him and he dies

I usually crouch and jump in battle to confuse them morewhile hiting them but still have trouble keeping up with them.

Any tips?

Comments

• SaltzBadSaltzBad Join Date: 2004-02-23 Member: 26833Members
    Its pretty silly to attack him when he's shooting back at his best - you're better off starting to claw him once he loses orientation. You can blink at the ceiling and back down for this, or you can just run away and wait til he lets his pants down.

Of course, its not necessary for a loner, but makes taking on groups alot easier. If you really just want to kill a loner, you can just blink-swipe into him a few times I guess. I just wouldn't bother taking any risks, and always blinking away before armor even gets low - sometimes the gods of hitboxes just won't want to score you any hits, no point losing your Fade over that one kill.
  • kolokolkolokol Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9166Members
    If they have shottys and you dont land right next to them...just blink away or to another target.
  • zxahnzxahn Join Date: 2003-11-15 Member: 22907Members, Constellation
    If he has a shottie thats 8 shots til hes useless, blink around til hes fired his 8 then go for the kill
  • SoberanaSoberana Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17695Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-zxahn+May 20 2004, 06:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (zxahn @ May 20 2004, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If he has a shottie thats 8 shots til hes useless, blink around til hes fired his 8 then go for the kill <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    After 8 shots, you are done for meight
  • UnknownUnknown Join Date: 1970-01-01 Member:
    *cough* metabolize *cough*
    the point is to parry those shots. blinking up to the cieling, then down over his head then quickly metabloize once, then he turns around, you blink away to the left then blink to the right. you can use script bind to instant 90 degree turns, making you blink from left to right really fast! in no time his 8 shells are gone and you've lost maybe 30% armor and 20% health.
  • taboofirestaboofires Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9853Members
    If you have some backup, you can just be a distraction. Blink around, and let the skulks chomp them good after they've wasted half their ammo and are disoriented.

The real strength of the fade is how often they can be in battle, not how long. Many short raids, each with full health, is far better than one big raid, taking out almost all the marines, and then dying. Even if you do nothing but delay the enemy's advance, you will do a great service to your team, as they now have time to organize and ambush.

When it comes to fighting HA, get in and get out fast. Your presence there is just to cover the skulks, really, and they can do just as much damage as you once they close in. An onos is the real counter.
  • NukeAJSNukeAJS Join Date: 2004-05-04 Member: 28443Members
    If the entire squad has shotties you should retreat and wait for more peeps to help you. If one or two has a shotty use the LMGs as cover. As in find out who has the shotty and place someone with a LMG inbetween you and the shotty guy. Swipe the LMG, take a few bullets in the process, hopefully the shotty gun just nailed the LMG guy in the back, swipe, blink, take a mid-distance shotty in the back.
  • taboofirestaboofires Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9853Members
    Speaking of marines shooting each other: If you're that marine, and your buddy is blocking your shot, don't even bother to fire until you can hit. If you're the bait, get out of the way, or duck, or something.
  • NGENGE Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22443Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Soberana+May 20 2004, 11:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Soberana @ May 20 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-zxahn+May 20 2004, 06:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (zxahn @ May 20 2004, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If he has a shottie thats 8 shots til hes useless,  blink around til hes fired his 8 then go for the kill <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    After 8 shots, you are done for meight <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He speaks truths
  • BOBDololBOBDolol Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21431Members
    except for when the marines suck
  • NGENGE Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22443Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-BOBDOLOL+May 23 2004, 01:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (BOBDOLOL @ May 23 2004, 01:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> except for when the marines suck <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He speaks truths