Aliens Vs Aliens

Dead_ManDead_Man Join Date: 2004-03-19 Member: 27417Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I think I might have it...</div> OK,
I've made my aliens vs aliens map... but the spawn points only work with cheats on...
Now in the console it says "All spawn points full" so i'm thinking that the game thinks the spawn points are already in use by something (when their not).
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it know their not in use?

Comments

• The_Real_QuasarThe_Real_Quasar Has the I.Q. of 12,000 P.E. Teachers Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9998Members
    Write a letter explaining, in detail, the fact that they are not in use. Send it to Santa and for christmas he'll give you free spawn points...

Erm, moving on: Have you got spawn points for both teams?
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Spawn points aren't as big of a deal, because it can be worked around, what about the hives? Is there a hive for each team or does one team see the hive as an enemy hive?
  • cascas Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26327Members
    only thing i couldent get to work are all the bonice wrpons only might worked
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-cas+May 15 2004, 03:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (cas @ May 15 2004, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> only thing i couldent get to work are all the bonice wrpons only might worked <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ummm, anyone up for a translation on that?

as for spawn point thing, yeah, happened to me too.
  • AvitarAvitar Join Date: 2003-09-11 Member: 20760Members
    edited May 2004
    What is your enitity/value layout?

I tried several different entity values and i couldnt get it to work.

I got most of it from mr. bills discussion on how AvA is impossible in the MvM thread.

After 2 hours i kinda gave up.

From what i understand is that team 2 (which is team 4) would need a com chair and a hive for starters.

Here is one that kinda works as well but requires cheats to be on (which means the game won't end).

POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO AvA MAPS:
    mb we should make a custom amx/adminmod plugin that turns on sv_cheats ant the begining of each round until the game starts... then turns it off.
  • MrBillMrBill Join Date: 2004-04-06 Member: 27764Members
    The reason the spawnsd wont work for team... 1 I think is it, is because team 1 becvause team 2, and sort of melts together with it sort a speak, but team two is "melted" with team4 already, so its like theyir all on the same team but only team 2 can use the spawns (probably because its the original aliens team). But i have found ways to work around that I have stated before (I explaine it in another ava map disccusion i think).

As for hives, i don't think theres a work around, because there is no way team 2 will be able to heal their hive, because it's team 2's and team 1's hive at the same time, Therefore making it almost impossible.
  • Invader_ScootInvader_Scoot Join Date: 2003-10-13 Member: 21669Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well as stated above couldn't a metamod/adminmod/amxmod plugin be made to make this <i>possible</i>?
  • MrBillMrBill Join Date: 2004-04-06 Member: 27764Members
    No. There is no way both teams can have a hvie they can heal, and attack. you could have killable hive syes, but one of the teams would not be able to heal it.
  • Dead_ManDead_Man Join Date: 2004-03-19 Member: 27417Members
    edited May 2004
    Okey,
    Ive gotten one step further
    You can now spawn without cheats on :O ^_^
    Great step *Pats self on back*
    Im not sure how I did it so dont ask. The only thing I changed was to make the RR IN the actual map (not out in the middle of nowhere).
    When you join the second team it says that your on team four so im gonna make that hive team 4

Edit:
    That just made it worst, dont bother doing that!
  • Dead_ManDead_Man Join Date: 2004-03-19 Member: 27417Members
    It all has to do with what team the hive is set on. I've tried MANY combinations and each one is slightly different in some ways, I mean, sometimes you CAN spawn...but the game wont start. Othertimes, you can't spawn (without cheats), but the game will spawn (with the cheats on).
    Has anyone got any ideas of how to manipulate something to get around this?