Readyroom Main Theme

Kenichi-SNKKenichi-SNK Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24617Members
edited May 2004 in NS Customization
<div class="IPBDescription">Project Under way...</div> I wish to customize all ready rooms to play a mp3 in particular, the next song i am going to make will be the readyroom theme.

Could anyone tell me what i need to do to get this to work?

EDIT: or which files will need to be replaced? I could do several tunes if need be.

Comments

• funbagsfunbags Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17099Members
    wrong forum, you're looking for the mapping forum, mate
  • Mr_JeburtOMr_JeburtO Join Date: 2003-08-29 Member: 20340Members
    hes customising ns so this is the right forum,

if u bothered to read the topic all hes doing is changing the music not redesigning the whole room.
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Kenichi-SNK+May 9 2004, 11:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Kenichi-SNK @ May 9 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I wish to customize all ready rooms to play a mp3 in particular, the next song i am going to make will be the readyroom theme.

Could anyone tell me what i need to do to get this to work?

EDIT: or which files will need to be replaced? I could do several tunes if need be. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You'd need to put in an target_mp3audio entity, somehow, inside the readyroom. Then configure that entity to playback any mp3 of your choosing.

I wouldn't, however, do this, since most maps already have ambient sounds, and some even have music (Unofficial ones such as co_dawn, co_ether, and more).

Another thing to bear in mind is that this would be server side so EVERY client would have to download the mp3 files from the server for every map, which can be very time consuming if you just want to join up and have a quick game. On the other hand you could also redistribute the maps for client side inclusion, but that would mean the players would not be able to play on servers with the default maps.
  • Kenichi-SNKKenichi-SNK Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24617Members
    -_-,

Guess ill have to keep winamp minimized then.