[con] Natural City

Wolf_KahlerWolf_Kahler Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10252Members
<div class="IPBDescription">The Korean Film Gear Concepts</div> What's this? Wolf's starting a thread? Wow, it's been a while.

Anyone who's seen Natural City by some wild swing of circumstance knows the armours and weapons that were designed for that movie.

I'd like to see them and varients of them built for NS.

The things specifically from the film that could be directly modelled:

<b>*</b> The regular MP trooper [with full gear]
<b>*</b> The commander [same body armour, but without the helmet and just the shades on his face that Noma wears when he tries to use the shotgun]
<b>*</b> The assault rifle [possibly with the grenade attachment that Noma uses near the end; I think he fires four shots]
<b>*</b> Either the 1911-looking pistol or the revolver that R uses, or even the really big cannon that Noma uses [I'm partial to the revolver]
<b>*</b> The shotgun Noma uses [with allowances because it's not very clear in the film]
<b>*</b> The Grenade that R uses to cover himself [used as an explossive in NS, of course; smoke's just useless]
<b>*</b> <i>Possible</i> heavy weapon used to blow holes in a door and push the enemy back at the beginning of the same scene where Noma wears his shades [it's not really clear at all; may just have been the shotgun]
<b>*</b> An alternate grenade launcher would be the attachment on Noma's left forearm, from which he pulls the star grenades [unfortunately, in the movie, he has only one and it keeps coming back because it's attached by a nearly-invisible micro tether; if you didn't understand why Noma gets hauled off his feet when Cyper yanks on the grenade, that's why]

Things that would have to be modelled in a similar style to complete a set:

<b>*</b> Heavy armour [MP style; there's enough of it throughout the film to get an idea what it would be]
<b>*</b> HMG [could just be different attachments for the regular assault rifles; rotary firing chamber, larger flash suppressor, drum box mag, retracted bipod]
<b>*</b> Jet pack [again, MP style]
<b>*</b> Buildings [there's computer terminals and such throughout the film that could be used as a basis]

Normally, what I'd do is turn off my vid card's hardware acceleration, play the video back slowly in the VLC media player and cap screens as fast as I can with an old screen-cap program I had, but I don't have it anymore and the process is quite a hassle. Some suggestions for media-player programs that can handle all the codecs out there and allow me to cap screens easily [without having to turn acceleration off, rebooting, capping, turning acceleration back on, rebooting...] would be appreciated.

Comments