Sound Prob With Ns

bruinddsbruindds Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14049Members, Constellation
i'm getting static on all my sounds in NS; but all my other games sound normal: tfc, sven coop, call of duty...i tried uninstalling NS and re-installing -- no change. I have the latest drivers for my sound hardware.
system: amd 2500+; 512 mb ram; ati 9700 non-pro; nvidia nforce2 on board audio;win xp home; half-life install; NS 3 beta 1 then beta 4
any suggestions?

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    tweak around with EAX and AED

turn em on and off, just poke in general.....

its early and I can't think much but thats what I can help yah with.
  • bruinddsbruindds Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14049Members, Constellation
    no luck with turning those on or off; i'm going to try a system restore thing since this just started in the last couple of weeks.
  • UnknownUnknown Join Date: 2002-06-12 Member: 759Members
    I've had the exact same problem for the past few weeks. I think it started when I updated my drivers (I can't remember which ones exactly).

When I start up NS for the first time and join a server, my sound is extremely staticy. Every noise and even the music have static. Sometimes it becomes unplayable for me (I wear a headset and my ears are very sensitive so it hurts the heck out of them). Thankfully that does not happen often and the static just vanishes after about 5-10 min of playing.

I have also tried to play around with the sound settings, but those did not work.

System Specs:
    AMD 3200+ 400fsb
    GeForceFX 5600 256mb
    512mb DDR400 Ram
    Asus A7N8X-X w/on-board sound
  • LichoLicho Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3858Members, NS1 Playtester
    I solved similar problems by reinstalling nforce system drivers (=IDE drivers, sound and video in 1 pack..)..

Also try to turn off all programs, for example my IRC client is interefiring with NS causing micro-lags..