Worthless Items

2»

Comments

• TrevelyanTrevelyan Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14834Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-ZERG!!+Apr 27 2004, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ZERG!! @ Apr 27 2004, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Trevelyan+Apr 27 2004, 09:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Trevelyan @ Apr 27 2004, 09:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-ZERG!!+Apr 27 2004, 12:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ZERG!! @ Apr 27 2004, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Spumbra should be a hive 3 ability. If we ever get Spumbra... I mean Umbra by itself is worthy hive 3 ability as it is. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    no its not... maybe if it blocked as many bullets as it did in 1.04... but not right now. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes it is. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ohh wait... i forgot just about every 3rd hive ability sucked **** sans web. your right.
  • Jared101Jared101 Join Date: 2004-02-22 Member: 26804Members
    well,i never got to play with spikes,bit for people saying spores dont do enough damage,or area of damage,normally when im lerking i spore then attack so the rine in running around in the spores trying to shoot me down,i normaly end up shooting another spore so if next attack doesnt kill him,i can leave before i die,and normally get spores to finish

i wouldnt mind spikes,but sounds like it will just bring more lerks that sit in 1 spot and spam
    like most lerks are with spores
  • Heavy_DHeavy_D Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10816Members
    If catalysts only need a bit of a bump in combat(I've not seen them used much in classic, but maybe they just haven't found their niche yet) then how about bundling the catalysts with the ammo resupply, and having medpacks on their own? It might be a bit harsh on the marines once they lose their armoury though, so the marines may need some boost elsewhere to make up for it.
  • SaltzBadSaltzBad Join Date: 2004-02-23 Member: 26833Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Beer Goggles+Apr 27 2004, 07:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Beer Goggles @ Apr 27 2004, 07:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If you get a catalyst when you spawned, that would be better, but they do just suck. Catalyst should make you do everything faster, not just fire faster. It's like speed. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They do for everything except reloading. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet.

The only problem with catpacks is their price, really. 4 res for 10 seconds of joy is hefty.
  • Seph_KimaraSeph_Kimara Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19359Members
    edited April 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-Heavy_D+Apr 30 2004, 03:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Heavy_D @ Apr 30 2004, 03:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If catalysts only need a bit of a bump in combat(I've not seen them used much in classic, but maybe they just haven't found their niche yet) then how about bundling the catalysts with the ammo resupply, and having medpacks on their own? It might be a bit harsh on the marines once they lose their armoury though, so the marines may need some boost elsewhere to make up for it. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I tend to see them a lot on hive assaults. Kill a spawning skulk, and blam.
  • NGENGE Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22443Members
    On the topic of Umbra, it is a VERY powerful ability. Turning the combined firepower of 3 rines into that of 1 severly hurts the chances of them killing anything in it, and you're not going to grenade an onos/fade into submission either.

You realize that no good rine will ever die to spikes if his comm is decent too, I hope, and that they accomplish the same thing as spores only less efficently. You expose yourself for a fraction of a second and either accomplish area denial or serious harrasment towards the rines with spores, whereas you're pricking one and making the comm drop one medpack now and again, instead of a mass. Spikes and spores is redundant ranged damage, only one is more useful than the other.

On topic here, in CO handgrenades are useless hands down, but I may have figured a solution to this, just working some numbers and variables. The welder is anything but useless, however- unlimited armor over time and the ability to repair both make it a very powerful, if not game stalling, upgrade. Cat packs... Should speed up the reload time. They are a nice upgrade, hands down, as a lv 1 HMG with cats is going to tear up any unit REALLY fast, but it wouldn't hurt and certainly would help to speed up the reload time.

On the topic of cat's costing too much in classic, yes, I'd have to agree, they should cost 3 res to increase their viability.