Help With Blink?

ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
I'm trying to write a script that would switch my weapon to blink, and use blink as long as I hold down the mouse2 button, and then switch back to swipe when I let go. I'm new to scripting but am I at least on the right track?

alias +blink "slot2; +attack"
alias -blink "-attack; slot1"
bind mouse2 +blink

I'm not sure if I have to add in some 'waits' or anything.

Comments

• LichoLicho Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3858Members, NS1 Playtester
    alias +blink "slot2;wait;+attack"
    alias -blink "-attack;"

Works good if you have <100 ping. I dont recomend auto-switching to slot1 in script, because it has very negative effects (like blocking you if you want to blink-bhop).
    Meta works good with skript too:

alias +meta "slot3;wait;+attack"
    alias -meta "-attack;wait;slot1;"

(hold to metabolize)
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    I don't bhop, and I want to to be able to swipe immediately without having to press my lastinv key. I've been doing some testing, and it works fine for hte most part. However, there is a slight lag between holding down mouse2 and the blink starting. Not that big of a deal. I'll just need ot get used to it.
  • TrevelyanTrevelyan Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14834Members
    Scripting will never get you as good as the other players... just try rebinding last inv in a more convinient location perhaps?
  • ShesekShesek Join Date: 2003-06-22 Member: 17617Members
    using hud_fastswitch 1 and the regular slot bound keys, 1,2,3,4 is incredibly comftable, for me at least
    i easily toggle blink-swipe-blink-meta (etc)
    no scripts are needed, the more scripting you do the bigger the chance a bug will occure and you won't be able to react in time
    restrict the aliases to the minimum imo, no reason why you won't get used to it
  • Act_ChillAct_Chill Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15816Members
    Fastswitch is the way to go. If you hav to hold down the blink button for your script you will use up to much stamina. Good players tap the blink button and glide through the air costing about 1/3 the stamina for the same speed(just a little less control but well worth it)
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-|ds|meatshield+Apr 15 2004, 10:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (|ds|meatshield @ Apr 15 2004, 10:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't bhop, and I want to to be able to swipe immediately without having to press my lastinv key. I've been doing some testing, and it works fine for hte most part. However, there is a slight lag between holding down mouse2 and the blink starting. Not that big of a deal. I'll just need ot get used to it. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You will get the weapon switch and lag no matter what.

However, if you have +attack done immediately after you do slot2, your guy executes it before it's possible to use it, and wastes energy.

Therefore to tweak your script:

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias +blink "slot2; +attack"
    bind mouse2 +blink<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

to this:

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias +blink "slot2; wait; +attack"
    bind mouse2 +blink<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    Thanks for the info. You confirm my independant testing results.

Act Chill: I can tap it with the script as well. My timing is just now a bit different from otehr peoples'.
  • BuggyBuggy Join Date: 2003-11-08 Member: 22400Members, Constellation
    all the good luck with it, im not by any means against scripts apart pistols', but this seems damn inconvenient to me....
  • WarriorWarrior Join Date: 2003-02-16 Member: 13624Members
    alias +cool "slot2"
    alias -cool "slot1"
    bind mouse2 +cool

Hold right click, it goes to blink, let go, it goes back to swipe. Just change the binds to your liking. I used this for about a week but I like manual better. Well I think that this is how it works heh. Cant remember. Also it goes in ur autoexec.cfg
  • LichoLicho Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3858Members, NS1 Playtester
    I like "one click" weapon switch + attack skripts only for leap and blink. ITs much more convenient than switching.. Im only manually switiching back to slot1, but at the moment i need to blink/leap, just mouse2 and im away.. There are no side effects nothing if you dont try to switch back to old weapon..