Co_futile, Co_ether

DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">In our rotation</div> These two maps have made it into our rotation for the weekend. Great maps! Thanks.

Comments

• esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    Dude, this isn't a forum for advertising your server. If you have these maps in your rotation, find their respective release threads and post saying that you've got this map in rotation. It seems every post in this forum you make is pimping your server in some way. Look, we're completely grateful that your server's running custom maps, but there is a place for server advertising, and i don't believe the mapping forum is it.
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    I dont advertise. Our server is almost always full. We dont need to. I do this so mappers can play their maps with other players. When asked we set aside a reserved slot for the mapper. If you know your map is running in our rotation for the next 48 hours it makes it alot easier to do this.

Yes, I mention our servers in alot of my posts. We run mapping contests and custom maps days. We are one of the ONLY servers that will beta test maps upon request with a full 20 player server.

I map also. Not any wheres as good as some as these guys, but most of them have helped me alot with problems I have had in mapping. To show my gratitude I try to make 1 of our servers available to the NS mapping community whenever I can.

I've been doing this for a year now. I have run most of all the maps released here in that time, including co_dawn. I am sorry if I have offended you by trying to help the NS community by providing use of our servers. I have never tried to PIMP them on these forums.

I will continue to offer our servers to the NS community. I will continue to post what custom maps we are running. If my post truly offend you I suggest you no longer read them.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    We all know that scott makes TONNES of money when people come and play for free on his server. He expecially gets rich when they eat up all his bandwidth downloading all the maps you guys made</sarcasm>

It is advertizement, but its for the benifit of the map's creators, not the comunity. Either way, this is the least agressive advertizement I have ever seen, he doesn't even ask anyone to come play them, he just thanks the makers.
  • ReeseReese Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16143Members
    well, maybe we can compromise on this. Scott, why don't you start a thread announcing upcoming playtest or custom map days, whatever events your server may be doing. That way we'll all be able to look at this one thread and see what deadclan's server has to offer to us.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I still don't see the point of this thread. It's blatant advertising. If you didn't want to be advertising you would post these in the release threads of the maps.
  • bliNkbliNk Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21422Members
    Advertising a place for people to playtest their maps hardly requires negative feedback. If I had just created an NS map and knew there was a server full of people willing to test it I would be most grateful.