About The Onos After 10 Or Less Minutes

2»

Comments

• OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    1 hive onos is good.
    Thread starter does not deserve an overmind avatar.
  • Code9Code9 Bored and running out of ammunition. Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23740Members
    #1. WRAAAAAAA HMG *MAGAZINE* ...IT'S *MAGAZINE*...a CLIP is the thing the soldier shoves into the top of the Garand/Enfield/98k in DOD that has the ammunition...*gasp*...CLIPPED together!!... for gods sake...

</rant>

#2 10 minutes isn't really early game, 5 minutes I would agree. However the "Kill thier RTs!" suggestion really doesn't stop the onos that actually does anything. If a mega-skulk simply comes bhopping in, biting your marines down one at a time as they spray the walls with gunfire, if his team had *ONE* res node hed have an onos in your face before you could blink. Seems to be there are the onos who, as previously stated, are god skulks, and then basically turn into a god skulk with more armor than a tank duct taped to his body, and then, there are the fairly bad ones who simply wait around for 75 res doing nothing. And then die in a split second.

Also, I think the term res***** needs some clarification here, it's NOT someone who simply goes onos in 5 minutes. It's someone who goes fade/onos/lerk at the expense of a team. TYPICALLY, not putting up the 2nd/3rd hive when you can, and instead going omgh4x leet fade. Onos in 5 minutes != res*****. Onos when the aliens don't have a second hive going up (barring marine intervention), THAT is a res*****.

So admins, when you go to ban the five minute onos, take a moment, and find out if wether you're dealing with a llama, or a team 10 times faster/better than yours.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ollj+Mar 31 2004, 08:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ollj @ Mar 31 2004, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 1 hive onos is good.
    Thread starter does not deserve an  overmind avatar. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Lol, that atavar is just the default Zerg building icon.
    and having 3+ Onosses/Oni in your marine base running around in 5-10 minutes isnt very fun, those fat cows with 700 hp/600 armor spoil my day a lot.
  • Act_ChillAct_Chill Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15816Members
    If you have an ob the early onos can never attack base or he will die. Just beacon in. So that means he can take down elec rts but is soo much slower getting there or he can attack a locked down hive. If the aliens cant get a second hive an early onos to help is good and I think this is the only situationto do it in.

With an early fade you can get 25 kills in 5min(if you go for kills not rts) so you can go onos in the same time but you kill more marines.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    All you need to do is swap devour with charge and the onos would be fine. Charge would give the onos the speed to get around while making devour a 3rd hive weapon would make a hive 3 onos worth more than a hive 2 onos. (which it isn't now) So a 1 hive onos could bust bases with charge, but it would be a bit more evulnerable without devour in the early game.

Regards,

Savant
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    Considering how weak charge is, that's not a bad idea Savant
  • brute_forcebrute_force Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21433Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Code966+Apr 1 2004, 03:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Code966 @ Apr 1 2004, 03:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Onos when the aliens don't have a second hive going up (barring marine intervention), THAT is a res*****. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually, I've saved several games as a one hive onos. Once on ns_eclipse, for example, it was a 2 hive lockdown. Our team said we needed an onos, so I started saving. After a while and a bunch of good teamwork from our team (putting up rts alot) I went onos, rushed Maintenance and later also rushed Computer Core, allowing us to come back and win the game.

Same thing happened on Ayumi, me as an onos taking down the marines' outposts, giving us the win.
  • ScribblesScribbles Join Date: 2003-11-05 Member: 22323Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Code966+Mar 31 2004, 09:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Code966 @ Mar 31 2004, 09:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> #1. WRAAAAAAA HMG *MAGAZINE* ...IT'S *MAGAZINE*...a CLIP is the thing the soldier shoves into the top of the Garand/Enfield/98k in DOD that has the ammunition...*gasp*...CLIPPED together!!... for gods sake...

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Clip is just a generic term for ammunution unit, it's magazine that can only be used on specific occasions.
  • Jean_Luc_PicardJean_Luc_Picard Join Date: 2003-02-03 Member: 13051Members
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>FOOLS!</span>

LERK is the superior class! Super fast, good attacks (GREAT attacks if it gets spikes back...) fair HP/AP for it's size (TINY hitbox, medium HP, low AP) and it can FLY!

Only problem with it is the lack of substantial armor (should have at least 100...)