Lightsabre.

xKORExslimxKORExslim Join Date: 2003-01-11 Member: 12182Members Posts: 283
With the staff version too.
Ok, this is more of an experimental design C&C Welcome.

The concept is that the lightsabre uses an amplification crystal that uses the crystals energies to amplify the beam in a more effective fasion than the classic lenses.

Comments

• xKORExslimxKORExslim Join Date: 2003-01-11 Member: 12182Members Posts: 283
    And here's the staff version. (Double bladed).
  • CatCopCatCop Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20296Members, Constellation Posts: 1,060 Advanced user
    Its neat...
    But im not one for starwars.
    Still good though.
    -Dan
    priori catcop
  • OmegamanOmegaman Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Members Posts: 1,829
    Very nice. I especially like the crystal thing at the end of the saber, puts a nice touch on the technology behind the weapon.
    edited March 2004
    Thanks for good feedback guys.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 5,161 Fully active user
    QUOTE (-=KORE=-Slim @ Mar 24 2004, 04:05 PM)
    Thanks for food feedback guys.

O:
    Q: Is your goal to make everything picked the same amount of times? (from j.walsh)
    A: I don't think about it that way exactly. Sure it's good if there is a nice distribution and that is something to work towards, but really the goal in DotA's development is, first and foremost, to make the gameplay quality the best it can be. It is the combination of all the heroes, items and mechanics together that makes DotA what it is and not the individual elements alone. Sometimes that means certain things are carefully adjusted to be more frequent than others, sometimes it doesn't, but ultimately the main judge of a game's quality is not in some artificial balance metric, but in the overall gameplay quality and depth that it has.
  • Cleric_EpochCleric_Epoch Join Date: 2003-06-26 Member: 17714Members, Constellation Posts: 1,311
    It's all good, but can we get he beams out?
    user posted image Cleric-{Epoch}-1stClass

"After a thousand battles, one only sees death."
  • hidden_snperhidden_snper Join Date: 2004-03-18 Member: 27412Members Posts: 124
    Im going to play with the top one in photoshop for a bit, ill be back.
    NSArmsLab.com

I, Gorge
    "Why doesn't life have a console that I can type 'kill' in"?
  • hidden_snperhidden_snper Join Date: 2004-03-18 Member: 27412Members Posts: 124
    edited March 2004
    ya know what for a few mins i don't think its bad:
    user posted image

[edit]
    next, when i don't feel like being lazy, ill add the crystal effect i forgot and color it chrome-like. until then, bleh.
    NSArmsLab.com

I, Gorge
  • Cleric_EpochCleric_Epoch Join Date: 2003-06-26 Member: 17714Members, Constellation Posts: 1,311
    I like it!
    The force is strong with this one!
    user posted image Cleric-{Epoch}-1stClass

"After a thousand battles, one only sees death."
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,364 Fully active user
    i like it alot!, all ya need to do is smooth some of the edges a bit and add a skin etc and whammO!!
    lerking around, gorging on all your food then skulking away.
    My Art
    aka - Khaidu
  • BallistoBallisto Join Date: 2003-05-19 Member: 16503Members Posts: 1,424
    Making a knife replacement there? tounge.gif
    user posted image
    Thanks fatpower for the sig!
    Don't worry, the edges are smooth enough, it's just the anti-aliasing in the render is all funny. Maybe If I did a production quality render.
    edited March 2004
    actually your all wrong, its photobucket.com lowering the quality so that it fits on the server. i am having trouble with the gem thingy and the cool chrome look. 2 problems:
    1: can't get it shiny looking enough
    2: can't select the right parts even with magic wand

anyone wanna help? ill be glad to send someone the full quality by email if they want.

[edit]
    oh yea i also accidently lost parts of the handle while making the bg true black... look at the hilt it has a black horizontal line. wow no wonder i couldn't get the right selections.

btw im using photoshop 7 on a 750 mhz intell 3 with 8mb gfx card on 128 ram so 4x AA super dooper uber render ain't gonna happen.
    NSArmsLab.com

I, Gorge