Metamod 1.17.0a >_<

ToMMy2DoPEToMMy2DoPE Join Date: 2004-02-08 Member: 26216Members
<div class="IPBDescription">help?</div> Alright, so i am having troubles installing this newer Metamod on my Beta 3 server, i keep getting

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->Console initialized.
scandir failed:/home/T2D/hlds_l/./valve/SAVE
scandir failed:/home/T2D/hlds_l/./platform/SAVE
Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.0/Stdio (valve)
Exe build: 14:14:09 Feb  4 2004 (2659)
STEAM Auth Server
couldn't exec language.cfg
Server IP address 65.110.43.43:27015
LoadLibrary failed on ./nsp/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./nsp/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so!
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./nsp/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so!

Add "-debug" to the ./hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Tue Mar 23 03:31:56 EST 2004: Server restart in 10 second<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

So im guessing my problem is i put the updated files in the wrong directories. Anyone know where they are supposed to go?

Yes, im a server newb.

Comments

• sawcesawce Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10787Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-ToMMy2DoPE+Mar 23 2004, 03:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ToMMy2DoPE @ Mar 23 2004, 03:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Alright, so i am having troubles installing this newer Metamod on my Beta 3 server, i keep getting

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->Console initialized.
    scandir failed:/home/T2D/hlds_l/./valve/SAVE
    scandir failed:/home/T2D/hlds_l/./platform/SAVE
    Protocol version 47
    Exe version 1.1.2.0/Stdio (valve)
    Exe build: 14:14:09 Feb  4 2004 (2659)
    STEAM Auth Server
    couldn't exec language.cfg
    Server IP address 65.110.43.43:27015
    LoadLibrary failed on ./nsp/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./nsp/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so!
    FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./nsp/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so!

Add "-debug" to the ./hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
    Tue Mar 23 03:31:56 EST 2004: Server restart in 10 second<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

So im guessing my problem is i put the updated files in the wrong directories. Anyone know where they are supposed to go?

Yes, im a server newb. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Try loading the "metamod_i386b.so" which is packaged with the MetaMod 1.17a package at modns.org. They're built with different glibc's, though they're not built with the exact glibc version hlds uses, they work for 99% of users. :/
  • ToMMy2DoPEToMMy2DoPE Join Date: 2004-02-08 Member: 26216Members
    Does the same thing, im an idiot, so i must have forgotten something...but i have no clue what
  • sawcesawce Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10787Members
    edited March 2004
    Then, I'm pretty sure your server is probably using an older glibc than what the metamods were compiled against. Unless somebody with an exact clone of the system which hlds was compiled on compiles metamod (from my understanding, this is what joev does with NS, and will day does with official metamod releases), then there will surely be system incompatibilities. At least this is the way I've come to understand this.

Here is another version of an updated metamod, for the "AMXModX" mod. Don't worry if you don't want AMX, this is just an updated metamod.

It's available <a href='http://www.amxmodx.org/downloads.php' target='_blank'>here</a>. I'm unsure if it would work, however, it's worth a shot.
  • ToMMy2DoPEToMMy2DoPE Join Date: 2004-02-08 Member: 26216Members
    worked! much thanks goes to you.