Them .txt Files For Maps

zippyzippy Forum Police. Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11956Members, Constellation
I was told somamt about if you but server.cfg commands in txt files in maps folder named the same as map you can do indervidual settings for combat that true?

I would like some detailed thing on how to do this, would be great.

I wanna make alltalk on for all combat maps and FF on.

zippy

Comments

• eagleceaglec Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9948Members, Constellation
    edited March 2004
    You should be able to accomplish that by editing mapcycle.txt, something like:-

co_mapname "\sv_minplayers\2\sv_maxplayers\12\AllTalk\1\mp_friendlyfire\0\"
    ns_mapname "\sv_minplayers\12\sv_maxplayers\32\AllTalk\0\mp_friendlyfire\1\"
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    It works like this: create a text file with notepad and save as "co_pulse.cfg". I can't recall if you place map configs in the nsp directory or in the maps folder, but you should be able to set "sv_alltalk 1" or "my_friendlyfire 1" in them, or any other server cvar.
    <!--QuoteBegin-eaglec+Mar 7 2004, 03:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (eaglec @ Mar 7 2004, 03:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You should be able to accomplish that by editing mapcycle.txt, something like:-

co_mapname "\sv_minplayers\2\sv_maxplayers\12\AllTalk\1\mp_friendlyfire\0\"
    ns_mapname "\sv_minplayers\12\sv_maxplayers\32\AllTalk\0\mp_friendlyfire\1\" <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tried it your way Eaglec - didn't work.
    Tried it my way zippy - didn't work.
    (FYI: my box is windoze).

Any more ideas?
  • eagleceaglec Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9948Members, Constellation
    did you remove the values set from server.cfg?

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->// Instructions for using mapcycle.txt
    // You can issue a command ( rather than setting key value pairs ) at the server console by bracketing it with a blank
    //  key value: e.g., \mycommand\\
    // minplayers and maxplayers are special tokens and are parsed and removed before the commands are executed
    // Commands are executed just after the changelevel command occurs.
    // Be sure to remove conflicting settings from any server.cfg or listenserver.cfg files you use since those values will stomp
    //  on the ones you set here
    // The double quotes are necessary
    // BTW, the old format will still work<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • zippyzippy Forum Police. Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11956Members, Constellation
    edited March 2004
    waglec did it your way and not working :S

zippy
  • zippyzippy Forum Police. Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11956Members, Constellation
  • VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited March 2004
    I don't know what you are trying to do, but you can't dynamically change how many slots are open on your server. If you want to change the number of slots open you must kill the server, change the "maxplayers" option and then restart the server.

You could, I think, dynamically set how many reserved slots are available though through AdminMod or AMX. I have not tried that though, so no guarantees.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vadakill+Mar 13 2004, 05:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Vadakill @ Mar 13 2004, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't know what you are trying to do, but you can't dynamically change how many slots are open on your server. If you want to change the number of slots open you must kill the server, change the "maxplayers" option and then restart the server.

You could, I think, dynamically set how many reserved slots are available though through AdminMod or AMX. I have not tried that though, so no guarantees. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He's trying to set a map config for each map. In other words he wants there to be different cvars for different maps. e.g. ns_eclipse has sv_alltalk 1 and co_pulse has sv_alltalk 0, or ns_caged has mp_timelimit 15 and co_faceoff has mp_timelimit 60.