Map Not Found On Server Fix

DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">STEAM AND NS 3.3</div> The guide says to set your .rmf to:

RMF Directory is where you would like to store the source files for your map.
Ex: "C:\Steam\Valve Hammer Editor\maps"

But I had to set mine like this to have it generate a .bsp into my nsp/maps folder:

Files\Steam\SteamApps\youremail@youremail.com\half-life\nsp\maps

Dont know if its just me, or something with NS/STEAM, just thought I throw it out for you guys.

Comments

• brute_forcebrute_force Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21433Members, Constellation
    Um, yes. We all know you need to place your compiled maps in the /maps/ folder for the client to actually *find* it.
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    I think you misread. I have to place the .rmf in the maps folder. It should just be the .bsp.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    scott,
    the .bsp genral must be copied from the folder where it is created, where your .rmf resides, to the maps directory of your mod. There is a little check box to toggle it, in batch compiler it's under the batch tab, while in hammer's compile window it should be on the screen wher one choses what programs to run. If turning on file copying doesn't work it is likely that your directory is set wrong. In hammer it should point at teh mod directory, on teh game config tab and in batch compiler it should point to the destination directory, in set up paths. hope that helps, at least assuming i read your problem right
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    Thank you confused, you have fixed my problem!