The Marine Crosshair

HostilianHostilian Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11982Members Posts: 26 Fully active user
Just a quickie :)
Anyone know whether it is possible to change the marine crosshair colour - and how to do it! smile.gif

Thanks,

#C

Comments

• VarsityVarsity Join Date: 2004-01-29 Member: 25687Members Posts: 376
    edited March 2004
    You can only do it by overwriting the .spr files. Don't ask me which ones, though. wink.gif
  • SnidelySnidely Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13098Members Posts: 3,896
    edited March 2004
    While we're at it...is there also a way to change it to the regular HL cross? The TSA crosshairs take up loads of space.
    user posted image
    user posted image user posted image uuuuussssssssser posssssted iiimage

USER POSTED IMAGE
  • ClashenClashen Join Date: 2003-08-22 Member: 20087Members Posts: 1,465
    You can't change the color for any of the hud icons, but there is 1.04 crosshairs avalible for 3.0, look in the custom forums.
    user posted image
  • Status_QuoStatus_Quo Join Date: 2004-01-30 Member: 25749Members Posts: 528
    I'm not sure how it works on Steam, as I seem to recall that the way sprites were dealt with was changed (for the official mods at least). If it works like it used to for NS, you should be able to find various text-files named like "weapon_[weapon].txt". In there, you'll see an entry called crosshair I believe, where you can change the crosshair sprite to whatever sprite you want. If you want the default H-L crosshair, I think you have to type "crosshair" or "crosshairs" (though you should probably ask someone else about that).
    - Perfection is impossible because it does not exist, but that does not mean we should not strive for it.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 6,615 admin
    moved to customizsation.
    NAPT
  • SelbstmordSelbstmord Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14222Members Posts: 139
    Since the crosshair sprites uses Index Alpha rendering, you can change the color by simply switching the last color in the palette to whatever tint you want to use...
    user posted image
    All over the ship, dancing through the wreckage
    of the Pfhor computer core,

DURANDAL WAS LAUGHING