New name, more aliens and other stuff

2»

Comments

• JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
  • BattousaixBattousaix Join Date: 2002-06-25 Member: 822Members
    Chapel...... STOP COPYING IDEAS FROM OTHER GAMES FFS!!!
    The builder thingie its from sc, the cc take over, also from sc......... The Scientist thing its from cs...... And the game is like 2 weeks from release and u came here with all that bag of........ and want some appreciation from us?
    How old are you........? 7 oh..... ok....
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin--To Quote Chapel+Oct. 12 2002,16:28--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (To Quote Chapel @ Oct. 12 2002,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->No seriously think about it my ideas are good.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Guh?

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->You can have a level 6 alien. TFC had like 12 classes. Its the exact same thing. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, TFC has 9 classes.  None of theme with teeth and claws. All, for the most part, balanced and complimenting each other.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->That's why you can have an engineer who builds stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All of the players can currently build stuff.  What more could you want?

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin--> And maybe put up lil crystals they can go and bring up to the command center? It would be cool. Have a bunch of crystals set up around the map and make it so engineers and builder aliens can get them.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What?  Should we rename the mod to "Go Fetch!  Good Doggy!"?

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->And plz make the aliens able to take over a command center and produce possessed marines that kill their still surviving comrades. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok Zerg.  Methinks not.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->And make my level 6 alien plus make a level 7 alien that is like a human but red and has a long very sharp tongue that it kills with. This one should be able to climb walls.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does anyone else understand this inane rambling?

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->To even it up make a marine that has a giant robot with huge guns.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Heavy Armour.  Heavy Machine Gun.  Ditto.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Scientists are trapped and TSA has to go rescue them. If Aliens kill them they lose resources but they could gain life for example by eating them. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Would you like ski-masks with that order?

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->TSA ship. Aliens onboard wanna take control so they need to plant their seed in the engine. It could grow beyond repair after say 30 seconds.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aliens want to take control.  Aliens kill humans.  Aliens in control.  Ditto.

<span style='color:red'>*Hands Chapel a spinach cookie for having the most rediculous and inane ideas in the history of Natural Selection</span>

Good God, lock this or make it go away.
  • UnitUnit Join Date: 2002-08-26 Member: 1230Members
    LoL that's exactly what I wanted to ask him Battousai.  I am seriously starting to wonder about the age of this Chapel fellow...those ideas sound like they're coming from the mind of a 5-year old who watches too much power rangers and lacks sophistication and imagination...

Note: I don't want to offend you but seriously, your ideas are BAD.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    nono guys.. let him... hes so funny, i couldnt stop laugh for 5 minutes after his third post, thats so great... we should give him a award for... entertaining people.... (a red human like alien with a long tongue.. LOOL, great great great...)
  • ChapelChapel Join Date: 2002-10-06 Member: 1449Members
    Why are you laughing.

I know it sounds a bit crazy but you have to do these or else.

I'm not trying to copy any games, just getting inspiration from them.

Since you can have 9 classes in TFC you should have 9 aliens here. And make it so the aliens don't die from standard weapons, you either have to shoot them with a special long range gun or go up and cut their head off once you get them on the ground with your guns.

Think about it my ideas are all good plz include it.

BTW its not 2 weeks from release more like a year. Someone said there's gonna be up to 12 RCs so that's gonna be a loooong time. I know, trust me.
  • FamFam Diaper-Wearing Dog On A Ball Join Date: 2002-02-17 Member: 222Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <span style='color:red'>***LOCKED***</span>

No more flames!
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    <i>It could grow beyond repair after say 30 seconds.</i>

I just wanted to say thanks, for really brightening up my day.  I LOLed at the wording on some of your ideas.  You really know how to work the crowd.  

Chapel: Troll Extraordinaire!
This discussion has been closed.