Hostile Intent 1.1

MrMojoMrMojo Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9882Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">is out, gogogo</div> <a href='http://www.planethalflife.com/hostileintent/downloads.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.planethalflife.com/hostileintent/downloads.asp</a>

It looks really awesome, and a big change from 1.0. I hope this brings more players and servers to it.

Comments

• QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Damned windows D/L system- the download finished and started copying it to my documents, and typing canceled the copy! So now, I don't have the d/l. Damnit.
  • SillyGooseSillyGoose Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14572Members, Constellation
    does this release not suck?
  • Vulgar_MenaceVulgar_Menace Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22118Members
    Already posted, but the game still kicks ****.
  • Umbraed_MonkeyUmbraed_Monkey Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9922Members
  • ZigZig ...I am Captain Planet&#33; Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1576Members
    front page:<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Feb 16 2004, 02:03 AM · posted by Erik

It's my pleasure to give you Hostile Intent version 1.1!

-----------------
    1.1 Changelog
    -----------------
    Added New Scoring System aimed at teamwork
    Added New Server Commands
    Added Weather Effects
    Added New VGUI Artwork
    Added New sounds by Kaffee
    Added New Maps hi_deadbolt2, hi_offshore, hi_majesty

Changed Flashbang Effective Radius
    Changed Frag Grenade Effective Radius
    Changed Grenade timer to 3 Seconds from 5 seconds
    Changed Sniper Rifles Recoil
    Changed Maps hi_alandalus, hi_aurora, hi_congo, hi_twilight

Fixed Equipment VGUI resetting
    Fixed Overflow Disconnection
    Fixed Sniper Rifle scopes
    Fixed Voice Comms while Dead
    Fixed many more things

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it's exciting following the progress of a quickly-developing, public access project like this.
  • 2_of_Eight2_of_Eight Join Date: 2003-08-20 Member: 20016Members
    Huh?
    I have no idea what are you talking about. I was going to download the game some time ago, but then I started doing something else.
  • ZigZig ...I am Captain Planet&#33; Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1576Members
    basically, most of the things that made the game "suck" have been removed.
  • MrMojoMrMojo Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9882Members, Constellation
    The new maps are hawt, and the action seems to have improved a <b>lot</b>

<[HI]IkusaGwai> possibly next.. first update will be a patch for 1.1
    <[HI]IkusaGwai> models and animations will be a few patches/version down
  • StarStarGrizzlyStarStarGrizzly Join Date: 2004-02-06 Member: 26139Members
    does it run in steam?
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Zig+Feb 15 2004, 07:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Zig @ Feb 15 2004, 07:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> it's exciting following the progress of a quickly-developing, public access project like this. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Quick? The first release wasn't so

:|
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    edited February 2004
    The animations, firing in ironsights only, and the ridiculous speed of the players when they are walking *OR* running is keeping me away from this thing.

~pokes mod with a stick~ Yuck..
  • TheWizardTheWizard Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10553Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Feb 15 2004, 07:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Feb 15 2004, 07:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Damned windows D/L system- the download finished and started copying it to my documents, and typing canceled the copy! So now, I don't have the d/l. Damnit. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You still have the file, <b>Quanaut</b>, It is still located in your temp directory.
    If you have trouble locating it, just run a search for a file that is of the same size.

You can also open IE: click on Tools>internet options> click the general tab> click on settings under temporary internet files> click on "view Files".

Sort by size and Viola! Your file is alive.
  • DreadDread Join Date: 2002-07-24 Member: 993Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Zig+Feb 16 2004, 04:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Zig @ Feb 16 2004, 04:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> front page:<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Feb 16 2004, 02:03 AM · posted by Erik

It's my pleasure to give you Hostile Intent version 1.1!

-----------------
    1.1 Changelog
    -----------------
    Added New Scoring System aimed at teamwork
    Added New Server Commands
    Added Weather Effects
    Added New VGUI Artwork
    Added New sounds by Kaffee
    Added New Maps hi_deadbolt2, hi_offshore, hi_majesty

Changed Flashbang Effective Radius
    Changed Frag Grenade Effective Radius
    Changed Grenade timer to 3 Seconds from 5 seconds
    Changed Sniper Rifles Recoil
    Changed Maps hi_alandalus, hi_aurora, hi_congo, hi_twilight

Fixed Equipment VGUI resetting
    Fixed Overflow Disconnection
    Fixed Sniper Rifle scopes
    Fixed Voice Comms while Dead
    Fixed many more things

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it's exciting following the progress of a quickly-developing, public access project like this. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sounds like something Flayra fixes in three days...if he's busy.

Really, it's a few months since 1.0 came out? All of that just seem like slight number tweaking. Doesn't really impress me.