Xfire Question

PalinPalin Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14848Members
<div class="IPBDescription">how is auto-updating handled?</div> I only have one question about XFire.

Is having XFire as part of the installer only part of the contract to have them host automatic updating for ns?

Okay... two questions....

Does XFire offer the content server that provides for automatic updating through steam or is it required to have XFire installed to recieve the automatic updates?

I decided not to install out of the fact that i have no use whatsoever with a multi-game server browser OR an IM client. I rely on AIM to handle my messages while i'm away, teamspeak to talk to my friends, and Steam to find servers they play on. On top of this, aside from a multitude of console games I only play Final Fantasy XI and NS on my computer nowadays (soon to change with HL2 and Doom3 Releases) so I don't really need to find out all the different <insert game here> servers are out there. I just sincerely hope that this doesn't mean I won't be getting auto updates because I have no need for all the other useless frills.

Comments

• gazOzzgazOzz Work&#39;s a ... Join Date: 2003-12-25 Member: 24747Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    If you get the auto-update idea from the changelog...

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    O Added "Xfire" support to the installer (optional). This is an instant messenger for gamers, and <b>will auto-update full NS support later this week</b>.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Xfire does not auto-update NS mod... Statement above means; Xfire will auto-update itself; so that it will give full support to NS mod...

Or if you heard that from another source I may be mistaken...