Hey! For Combat Maps..

BasinxBasinx Join Date: 2004-01-16 Member: 25370Members
<div class="IPBDescription">...</div> Could you place turret factories and turrets or offense chambers in combat maps. I know you cant build them but if there were some in good locations by default on some maps that would be kinda interesting.

Comments

• MeanMrMustardMeanMrMustard Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23456Members
    hmmmm.
    It could bring up a number of difficulties.
    I think Combat mode was created, having the intention that it would try and go away from the strategy side..and try and emphasise the action.

This idea seems pointless, and difficult to work.
  • BasinxBasinx Join Date: 2004-01-16 Member: 25370Members
    It would not be that bad. It would just make it a little harder for people to get at the hive/cc and give you some more stuff to kill.
  • nopeace4unopeace4u Join Date: 2003-02-14 Member: 13553Members, Constellation
    i like the idea of putting in build able out posts, of course they would be able to be destructible & just 1 more thing to get in the way of the hive.
  • BasinxBasinx Join Date: 2004-01-16 Member: 25370Members
    I never meant buildable I just meant some map would have some of that stuff there by default just to make things more interesting.
  • ReeseReese Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16143Members
    Actually it would be kind of interesting to have a "siege outpost" that you could weld into in a psuedo-combat-funmap. Problem is that I don't know how well all of that is supported. In co_daimos those aren't real phasegates, they are a combination of trigger_teleport and trigger_push that use the phasegate models and sounds. So, i'm not sure if it's possible to place any building besides the armory and have it work. Would be cool if it did though.
  • Anime_Tentacle_MonsterAnime_Tentacle_Monster Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11931Members
    <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61520&st=15' target='_blank'>http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...pic=61520&st=15</a>

Scroll down to my first post

it certainly could help aspects of the game

however it needs to be used correctly...