Map Requirements

project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members
<div class="IPBDescription">what do u need to open your map</div> can someone tell me what do you need to have in your map to be able to open it and play with it?

here's what i know:

-team_command(1)
-team_hive(3)
-team_start(about 12)
-playerstart(about 30)
-join_team(2)
-join_randomteam(1)
-join_observer(1)
-info_mapinfo(1)
-info_gameplay(1)

i have all that and still when i try to open the map, hl craches

Comments

• KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    edited February 2004
    This should really go in newbie mapping

-team_command(1) Comm Chair for the Marines
    -team_hive(3) Hives for the Aliens
    -team_start(16) 16 at marine start set to team 1 and 16 at each hive set to team 2
    -playerstart(32) in the readyroom for a full server to be able to all spawn in at once
    -join_team(2) one set to team 1 for marines, one set to team 2 for aliens
    -join_randomteam(1)
    -join_observer(1)
    -info_mapinfo(1) to set the height for commander and the xmin xmax ymin ymax and a few other things for the map
    -info_gameplay(0) not required, not even implemented, don't put one in

Not quite sure why hl is crashing unless it's the infogameplay screwing up. Maybe give a more detailed explanation of the problem and a mod can phase this to newbie.
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I never have to add any of that. I just start it up like normal. I've started maps with no CC, Hive or anything and it still ran fine. I've also run maps with just a CC/Just a Hive and it ran fine as well. Under STEAM it did anyway, not sure about WON. Don't ask me why either, I don't know.

~ DarkATi
  • wascally_wabbitwascally_wabbit Join Date: 2003-09-09 Member: 20701Members
    If all you want to do is look around, then you'll just need an info_player_start, however you won't have any weapons, and you'll basically be in the readyroom =)
  • project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members
    okay then it should not crach... hmm i'll see why it is craching then
  • CageyCagey Ex-Unknown Worlds Programmer Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8829Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-project_demon+Feb 6 2004, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (project_demon @ Feb 6 2004, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> okay then it should not crach... hmm i'll see why it is craching then <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You might have an invalid string character in one of your entity attributes... when it crashes, does it bomb out directly to the desktop, or do you get an error message?

If you do get an error message, a screenshot would be helpful.