Desert crisis release!

Bob_On_a_RocketBob_On_a_Rocket Join Date: 2002-02-13 Member: 214Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Today at 3:00</div>Desert Crisis will be Realeased today at 3:00 Pacific time (US),4:00 Central and 5:00 Antlantic.

It wont Cure Flayritus,but it might help ease the pain of waiting for NS.

If this is Off Topic, im very sorry for posting this in General Discussion.

Comments

• Bob_On_a_RocketBob_On_a_Rocket Join Date: 2002-02-13 Member: 214Members
    Whoops! Forgot, if you dont know where or even What Desert Crisis is, check out the Website at www.desertcrisis.com

w00t!
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    (Moved to off-topic)
  • Bob_On_a_RocketBob_On_a_Rocket Join Date: 2002-02-13 Member: 214Members
    I knew it... Sorry again about posting it in General Discussion.
  • pielemuispielemuis Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 72Members, NS1 Playtester
    at least monsE did it with style.........
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Heh. Freaky PR Style, no less.

Great news though - I'm always psyched when a mod makes it out the door. As I recall, this is a first release, right? Looks pretty cool from the web info; I hadn't watched them for a while. Hopefully it won't end up branded a CS-clone (unless it deserves to be - hard to tell from PR materials, naturally).
  • TacticianTactician Join Date: 2002-02-19 Member: 228Members
    I say boo to DC.  Mainly because of the attitudes of the dev team.
  • WurmspawnWurmspawn Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 19Members
    its hard to tell the attitudes of the dev team when the default player name is 'Newbie ####wad'
    but its a decent mod, id imagine it'd be great for LAN play...
    there's no belgian server yet, so i don't feel liek downloading it now, the mod doesn't seem so groundbreaking to me either, yeah should be fun at LANs
  • Shuvit_ViperShuvit_Viper Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 62Members
    interfector, you live in vlaanderen or in wallonie? i live in amsterdam (:

-

this desertcrisis.com adress doesn't work with me..... :S
  • MistahRedrumMistahRedrum Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 81Members
    I myself thought the same thing about the dev team but i have talk to them via irc and they are really not that bad. As for the mod, it is great fun but I have having mad lag problems with it so i cant really get a good play from it. Anyone esle having thses problems?
    i live in Vlaanderen, and the site works for me.
  • UnknownUnknown Join Date: 1970-01-01 Member:
    So how Is desert crisis.
  • TacticianTactician Join Date: 2002-02-19 Member: 228Members
    I've heard it's a team fragfest sort of thing.  I've also heard it combines elements of all other mods to try and make one supermod.. but to little avail.

Not to mention all the bragging they did a year ago about having fully working vehicles that were better than CS's.. suspension, mounted weapons and all.  Never heard about them again.
  • chalupamonkchalupamonk sky h4x0r Join Date: 2002-02-19 Member: 227Members, NS1 Playtester
    The Team isn't that bad.  Whenever you're on #naturalselection, just hop over to #dcrisis and see for yourself.  Yes, they can be arseholes at times, but you'd be hard pressed to find a place devoid of them.  

DC is, as Tactician put it, supposed to be a supermod.  It tries to incorporate everything it can into it, and while it doesn't, it's still pretty fun.  Wall jumping, sledgehammers, and the Safety song make it worth playing.  Plus, they incorporated a legend into the game (NULL -who's imvisible, has all perks, and is nearly impossible to kill- , and The Couch.  NULL rides on the couch).

Bottom line: It's pretty fun to play, so let's not dis it.