Stephen king

GazaarGazaar Join Date: 2002-03-31 Member: 366Banned
<div class="IPBDescription">Interlocking stories</div>A while ago on my book corner I reviewed both the Gunslinger series, by SK, and The Talisman, by SK and Peter Straub.  The Gundslinger series is only released up to number 4 right now, and 5 will be released fall 2003, 6 in spring 2004, and 7 in fall 2004, but these are all tentative.  The sequel to The Talisman, titled Black House follows the story of Jack Sawyer when he's roughly 30-32.  If you have read the Gunslinger series, and the two books about Jack Sawyer, you would find several similar things.  For one, the repetetive mention of the Crimson King.  Also Randal Flagg.  Randall Flagg is not in the Jack Sawyer books, but he is in The Stand, Eyes of the Dragon, and the Gunslinger series.  Hearts in Atlantis is also tied in this circle somehow, but I haven't read it or seen the movie so I wouldn't know how.  The Gunslinger is, as I have stated in the past, a gruff man named Roland of Gilead.  The Gunslingers are an order of lawkeepers from Gilead that were created to defend the beams.  The beams support the life on all of the worlds, our world, the territories(from the jack sawyer books), and much more.  The Crimson king is a thing at this point, since it is not specified what it really is.  Sometimes he is called just the Crimson King, or Abbalah-doon(in the Jack Sawyer books).  CK resides in the Dark Tower, one of the recurring things.  It is a huge black tower of evil.  The CK is basically trying to destroy the beams, if i remember correctly there are 6.  One of the beams was destroyed a very long time ago from some unexplained incident.  The CK has destroyed 3, leaving 2.  Roland's job as the last Gunslinger is to stop this.  It is, quite obviously a very in-depth story.  The Gunslinger series when finished will be over 5000 pages long.  The seventh book is the final book that SK will write, and I quote him "This finishes it, it's the sequel to everything.  And in a sense, once these books are finished, there's nothing else to say."  So, if you feel like an extremely deep story go get all of those books and read them, they'll change your view on things.