Marine start points

JanosJanos Join Date: 2002-08-02 Member: 1050Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">Contamination</div>Ive bin thinking about how the marine start points are allways squeaky clean.
Maybe for once would someone put a little bit of the alien contamination in the marine start point.
Add atmosphere  instead of having it as if my mum went round the place with the hoover make it a little more dirtier and add a little bit of alien textures in there to look like the aliens are in the place just the marines dont know.

Like i said in another post make it like the film Aliens, the place has bin overrun with aliens and they are hiding they see the damage done by the aliens but its not loads. Untill u get to the hive where its completly alien.

Comments

• GreedoGreedo Bounty Hunter Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 37Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    It's your call.  As long as you give it enough continuity with the rest of the leve, I'm sure it would be okay.  Though, it would tend to make the map slightly harder to learn, as there wouldn't be any kind of reference point to base direction on (i.e. to my right is infestation, to my left is clean, so marine base must be left and hive must be right).
  • JanosJanos Join Date: 2002-08-02 Member: 1050Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Just have a few..clues as to the aliens are there in the same base, ship, planet e.t.c
    make it look like it was abandoned ages ago the aliens have gone for walkies around the place and infested a few areas only to make it look better