I need help!

Master-DornMaster-Dorn Join Date: 2002-05-30 Member: 704Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Computer problem</div>It doesnt matter which game i want to play, my system crashes the whole time.

first i had installed win98se, because it is one of the best operating system. i installed all drivers too, like detonator xp for my geforce 2 gts, the audio card driver, and the others. i installed operation flashpoint then, but it windows crashed and computer shutoff. then i upgraded win98se to win2000, still crashing. installed service pack 3 express, it didnt crash! i could play 2 hours, then i was tired and went to bed. on the next morning i think icant play a bit war... but it crashed! u know the quitting window of windows 2000? that suddenly appeared on the desktop and the computer shut off. i cleared my whole hard disk, installed w2k again with service pack 3 express and the amd cpu problem solving patch, and it crashes. argh.

what should i do know?

opf is not the only game i tried to play. heres the list: hl, avp2, cant count all...

system specs:

amd athlon xp 2200
256 ddr ram
geforce 2 gts
350 W power supply

Comments

• SmokeMastaSmokeMasta Join Date: 2002-04-13 Member: 430Members
    format the pc
    it could be a virus that infects executables
    could be the Drivers (3d card,audio,chipset)
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Is this a recent happening or is it ongoing?
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Did you install the *newest* detonator drivers?  Because as far as I know, they only work with ME/XP/2K.
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin---=Master-Dorn=-+Sep. 29 2002,06:41--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (-=Master-Dorn=- @ Sep. 29 2002,06:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->system specs:

amd athlon xp 2200
    256 ddr ram
    geforce 2 gts
    350 W power supply<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Although thats a damn nice machine, I don't really think that 350 watt is cutting it...

IF you have any friends with a 400 w or higher, see if they'll let you use it for a while to see if thats the problem.

If that isn't an option, try going into bios and underclocking, down to say... 1 ghz? I'm assuming you built your own machine, and I'm assuming you know how to do this.

Also, the guys at <a href="http://www.overclockers.com" target="_blank">http://www.overclockers.com</a> probably know more than we do about this stuff, try there.
  • Master-DornMaster-Dorn Join Date: 2002-05-30 Member: 704Members
    no the power supply i have gives the power it needs. and i dont need more power for it. a friend of mine has the same power supply with more cards like geforce 4 and other things. that use more and the system doesnt goes offline.

underclocking is the same, but i cant undercloak to 1000 mhz, only until 1300. but that doesnt matter because it shuts off too.

i analyzed my system with a anti virus program and there is no virus.

and because i could play 1 time without crash ofp, i dont think that it is because i have a 350 W Powersupply