He who is surrounded by idiots

2»

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    hmm, this has been my largest fear, however I am starting to get allitle less worried

I also hope that Admin Mod will be running on most servers (the power to drop a boot on those foolish enough to grief, especialy on marines)

on slight off topic:
    the entire dual play style of NS is why I think I will love it so much
    I am a rather good DMer and I bloody love stealth and death from above (I am always the bastd on the roof when ever I can)

however my perfered playstyle is squad play, I like having some ppl I know will have my back, and that we will listen to each other

again on the other hand I do just need to go psycho (not to mention that I love suicide runs and Xenocide will be my fav weapon ever ;D)
  • HBNayrHBNayr Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 930Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Thansal+Sep. 28 2002,16:23--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (Thansal @ Sep. 28 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->I also hope that Admin Mod will be running on most servers<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As I understand, that is the last "big" bug-creator...getting AdminMod to work with NS smoothly.  Don't quote me on that, but if it is, I'm really glad that Flayra is taking the time to ensure that AdminMod will work for the Server Ops.  Even if it DOES delay the release.  *grumble, grumble*

-Ryan!

"I have often been adrift, but I have always stayed afloat."
    -- David Barry
  • loofboteloofbote Join Date: 2002-07-15 Member: 948Members
    this game just gets better and better.. awwwwwwwww #### if this game gets big I bet there will be alot of hackers, ####. Heh admin mod = less llamas. BTW what could a llama really do in this game? I mean what? Lets see theres get killed alot. Waste some resources. Try and let enemy in. Get killed some more. Create lag. Hmmmmmmmm doesnt sound like there'll be much llamas.... Believe me I've been one before when I got bored as heck of all my games so I was just messin around on games. But I wasnt a true llama.
  • NecroNecro &lt;insert non-birthday-related title here&gt; Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
    cheats? bah i say! ns has cheats builtin!

wallhack and all!
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    again:
    Cheats are not TOO much to worrie about, especialy if admin mod works with NS I also seem to remember hearing that the HL anti cheat was going to work with NS

as for what can a llama do?? oh god there is to much:
    1) get in comand and waste RPS (yes you can boot him out but if he ditches all you RPs you are still F*****)
    2) not follow orders (as marine) look, this game will get screwed if you have 4 v 4 and one marine desideds to goof off, well then it is 2 on 4 and marines are ******)
    3) steal other marines upgrades and then good off etc

the marine team looks ver exposed to griefers
  • SuperMunchkinSuperMunchkin Join Date: 2002-09-28 Member: 1364Members
    My thought had been that if some one was dying a lot/screwing off- couldn't the commander cut him off from respawn?  Since it cost RP to do that I think that'd be a convienent thing to have.  Of course, if the wrong person go into the CC... hmm.  
    Just have to face it- no matter what game you play a llama could just goof off and do nothing useful.  But with the crowd of people I see drueling over this game, I honestly don't think we'll have a big problem here.
  • HBNayrHBNayr Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 930Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--SuperMunchkin+Sep. 29 2002,10:29--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (SuperMunchkin @ Sep. 29 2002,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->...couldn't the commander cut him off from respawn?  Since it cost RP to do that...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It doesn't cost any resource points to respawn, only time, which can be even more valuable, if the base is under attack.  Distress Beacon, however, DOES cost many resource points, and allows everyone in the respawn queue to come back into play immediately, for a cost...

Extra spawn gates also cost resource points, but allow your team to come back faster, so...

-Ryan!

"For all sad words of tongue or pen,
    The saddest are these: `It might have been.'"
    -- John Greenleaf Whittier