I Could Use Some Help...

Wolf_KahlerWolf_Kahler Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10252Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I really want to find this movie poster.</div> The poster in question is a three-piece vinyl banner or poster for The Last Samurai. It's about six feet tall and the center piece is somewhere near four feet wide. The side pieces are as long, but much more narrow. On all three pieces are Japanese kanji, their pronunciations, translations and explanations. The one on the center piece is "Honor."

If anyone has any information about where I could find one of these, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Comments

• XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Ebay?
    Google?
    Local movie rental place?
    Wherever you saw it?
  • Wolf_KahlerWolf_Kahler Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10252Members
    The only two to show up on eBay didn't have the two side pieces.

Google hasn't the slightest mention of anything remotely like it, though a couple have photos of the center piece [distinctive because of the presence of the "Honor" kanji and all it's supposed to come with], but it's described as a regular paper poster one would put in a light box outside a theater.

It's an item only shipped to theaters, not movie rental places.

The one we saw at our local theater was stolen by a local submanager named "Chester" before the film finished its run and nobody can do anything about it [we found out after it was promised to us by the person who supposedly had "dibs" on it that the site manager gives these things in donations to a childrens' fund every year anyway, so nobody was supposed to have it from there in the first place].
  • Mr_JeburtOMr_JeburtO Join Date: 2003-08-29 Member: 20340Members
    u could steal it off the side of a bus when no one is looking
  • Wolf_KahlerWolf_Kahler Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10252Members
    It's a three-piece <b>vinyl</b> [plastic fabric-like material, coated in rubberized enamle of some kind; thick, heavy stuff] six feet tall, with loops at the bottom to slip dowells in for weighing them down so they stay straight.

They are not found in video stores, on the sides of busses, bathroom stalls or subway walls.