How Games Influence People?

P-KhanP-Khan Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16776Members
This is not gonna be a topic to discus about that.

You see, I'm doing an oral presentation, (which is like, 30 or 40% of my grade this comming semester) where you can chose your topic. Problem is, I need articles from the internet, magazines, anything!! I just need evidence since it is not supposed to be a presentation ONLY about my opinions.

Do you guys know any kind of articles from the internet about how video games influence our lives? And I mean influence in everything. I know that most will talk about how they can cause violence and everything, but don't get me wrong, these articles are GREAT, but if you guys have anything else, it would be awsome.

Comments

• CplDavisCplDavis I hunt the arctic Snonos Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12097Members
    edited January 2004
    <a href='http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/31/health/main326605.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/31/...ain326605.shtml</a>

CBS news- using video games to treat ADD

also I cant find the article but the University of Rochester in NY did a research study and they found uses that racing games and other such games can help promote hand eye corordination in people with phyisical disabilities

The military also uses video game technology in their tank simulators and aircraft simulators.

There is an actual warehouse full of giant tank simulators that entire tank crews can sit in and drive around, in a masage multiplayer tank sim. All their windows and targeting sites are shaped TV screens that they see.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    There is a thread in the Off-Topic forum by Infinitum about a review by MAVA (Mothers Against Violence in America)about how games are influencing youngsters to kill. That would be interesting. Mention 'scum', 'filth', 'leeches attached to their skin', and 'barrels of blood' in your report somewhere when talking about MAVA.
  • RellixRellix Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13572Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    There was an article in a newspaper in the UK about how games let people show their creative side.

I think it was the times, not sure how youd find it tho.