2ns Sprite Question.

UrdUrd Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16696Members, Constellation
Is there a way to change the color of the hud from blue numbers to a different color?

Comments

• DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    use search before asking, and no. its hard coded
  • VerthandiVerthandi Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10687Members, NS1 Playtester
    Actually, <b>yes, it's possible</b>, if you're willing to make some compromises.

The other team's HUD's color will be screwed up, <b>but</b> you can also have two separate sprite files, ansd switch them around depending on which team you want to play.
  • UrdUrd Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16696Members, Constellation
    uhh... ok, could you tell me how?
    edited January 2004
    Believe, it's more hassle than it's worth, and there are limitations.

The final color will be the color you set in the sprite file (640hud7.spr, which is currently shades of gray), combined with light blue when you use the Marine HUD, and yellow when you use the Alien HUD.

So if you wanted <span style='color:purple'>purple</span> for the Marines, you'd color everything in 640hud7.spr <span style='color:red'>red</span>. But then, the Alien HUD would become <span style='color:red'>red</span> (from the sprite file) + <span style='color:yellow'>yellow</span> (the hard-coded color) = <span style='color:orange'>orange</span>.

In the end, it's all a matter of finding the right color to mix, and then coloring the 640hud7.spr file.
  • UrdUrd Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16696Members, Constellation
    Would anyone happen to know the color: red, green, blue: of the marine hud?
  • PowerslavEPowerslavE Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21962Members
    I know certain versions of OGC tweaks for NS come with ways to change the color of the marine hud ingame. Try searching either the creators or the actual tweaks out and copy what they did.
    <!--QuoteBegin--Urd+Jan 4 2004, 03:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Urd @ Jan 4 2004, 03:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Would anyone happen to know the color: red, green, blue: of the marine hud? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It should be very close to 0, 192, 255.
  • JimJim Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9989Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--.PowerslavE.+Jan 4 2004, 04:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (.PowerslavE. @ Jan 4 2004, 04:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I know certain versions of OGC tweaks for NS come with ways to change the color of the marine hud ingame. Try searching either the creators or the actual tweaks out and copy what they did. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think they edited the client dll to do that D: