How Do I Install The Custom Sounds.

ethTheMedic1ethTheMedic1 Join Date: 2003-12-30 Member: 24868Members
well...I have all these door open/door close, button press ,etc sounds. but how do I use them in ns mapping? all I see is basics, like "big zap"

Comments

• JezpuhJezpuh Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15157Banned
    Place them in your sounds/door folder maybe?
  • ethTheMedic1ethTheMedic1 Join Date: 2003-12-30 Member: 24868Members
    there dosnt seem to be that option in hammer =/
  • JezpuhJezpuh Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15157Banned
    Eh? Where the hell are you talking about? You asked how to install costum sounds?
    Well, you place the downloaded sound files in your ns/sounds/doors folder.
  • WolvWolv Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 56Members
    edited January 2004
    AFAIK the sounds for doors, platforms etc always have to be the default ones.
    You could place your own sounds with the same name at the same location, to make them override the default ones, but then they would <i>allways</i> override the default sounds, which is OK if you're building an entire single player MOD, but not desirable if you're just making one map.

You could get creative by using ambient_generic entities to play the sounds instead of the doors themselves. Of course these sources wouldn't move, so for a platform traveling over a considerable distance this again isn't a good option.
  • Lt_GravityLt_Gravity Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15909Members
    and ambience sounds either play once or ever when triggered on. not too good for a door that opens and thats it...
  • WolvWolv Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 56Members
    Combining trigger_relays with triggerstate <i>on</i> and <i>off</i> can turn such a looping ambient generic on or off, so that shouldn't be the problem. Try the doors of siege007 for an example, or probably the firedoors in SP Half-Life.
  • Lt_GravityLt_Gravity Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15909Members
    cool. didnt knew THAT.