Effective Hp Formula

Ashaman_JoeAshaman_Joe Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22559Members, Constellation
Stupid question:

I've been looking for the formula that takes HP, Armor and Absorption rate, and gives you effective HP, but I've been too stupid to find it. I searched for it on the S&I forums, where I had seen it before, and have been unable to find it. If anyone could drop me a link, or post it, I would appreciated it.

Comments

• sawcesawce Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10787Members
    For ns, armor will absorb 30% of all damages at level 0 armor. Half of the absorbed damages would be deducted from armor, the other half is "absorbed". At level 1 armor, it's 40%, level 2 is 50%, level 3 is 60%. Carapace follows these rates also. Heavy armor is a constant 95% absorb rate, it benefits from the increase in total armor with each level.

Example for damage calculation:

A bite (75.0 damage) is done to a level 0 armor LA marine with full HP (100.0) and full armor (50.0)

Health:
    h = h - (d - (d * a))

h = 100.0 - (75.0 - (75.0 * .30)) = 47.5

Armor:
    a = a - ((d * a) / 2)

a = 50.0 - ((75.0 * .30) / 2) = 38.75

h: Actual health
    a: Armor
    d: Damage

I'm not exactly the greatest with math, so I can't figure out the actual forumla to find the exact effective hp, but this tells you the method for armor calculation/damage absorption