How Do Bile Bombs Really Work Now?

VerthandiVerthandi Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10687Members, NS1 Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">not about bugs, exploits, or chemistry</div> Right, so the situation is like this. I'm in the vent overlooking the node in Computer Core (at Eclipse). It's 2-hive time, and I go Gorge, ready to deal some damage to the measly turrets below me. I drop Bile Bomb after Bile Bomb, and I do this for well over a minute, and nothing gets destroyed.

I heard that there was a dirty hack in place, so that Bile Bombs couldn't damage anything through thin walls. Now, what exactly is needed for the Bile Bomb to successfully damage a target? I've heard some people say 'Line of Sight', others say that the target has to be at the same height as the firer, so what is it, actually?

Comments

• FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=56632&s=' target='_blank'>http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...f=17&t=56632&s=</a>
  • ToneeTonee Wub wuB UK Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21926Members, Constellation
    you have to be at the same level of the structures?
  • Roger_DodgerRoger_Dodger Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14392Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->None of those are true (although it may seem that way). Bilebomb will not do damage if you are close to a wall when you fire it. The reason it doesn't do damage is that on the server the bile bomb projectile hits the wall even though on the client it looks like it hits the target.

It is indeed fixed for 3.0 as Elderwyrm said.

Max <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As Max (dev) has stated its an issue with the fix they implemented to stop bb from working through walls like an exploit. In order for your BB to work you have to avoid firing too near any walls as it may seem its hitting but on the server its actually hitting a wall and not doing anything.

I find if i basically aim the BB as if im shooting onos sized BB and avoid any walls or floors that the hitbox would be likely to touch it seems to work.

Thats why people say line of sight but thats only because your so close to the target it cant hit any walls or floors.

- RD
  • AndosAndos Join Date: 2003-10-17 Member: 21742Members
    Bile bombs only damage on a direct collision. The "acid" that comes out of it doesn't give any damage. You have to hit a target structure directly to deal any damage.
  • JowerJower Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13448Members
    No you don't
    They do splash damage