Mousewheel Unbindable In Won Ns

stoogstoog Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11102Members
edited December 2003 in Tech Support
ok, i'm sticking this post in here because my other one has turned into a discussion on whether or not to bunnyhop. I AM NOT POSTING IN HERE FOR BUNNYHOP DISCUSSION. I am posting because I want to know what is going on with my mousewheel. If you don't have any suggestions DON'T POST.

i just reinstalled the pre-steam HL and all the patches, so that i could play NS on some of the WON servers. I have a bunnyhop script that i bind to mousewheeldown that works in EVERYTHING except WON natural selection. it works in steam ns, steam tfc, won tfc, won hl multiplayer, but not won ns. the mousewheel is getting bound, cause when i type "bind mwheeldown" it gives the right bind. i try to bind it to other stuff too, like weapon switch and the flashlight, yet it still will not work. any ideas?

see if you can explain this too.
I reformatted my computer, and did not save any of my ns configs from steam. I used the full install of steam and never once installed ns after the reformat. Yet, when I went to the "Games" tab, natural selection showed up under third party games. I went to play it, and when i did, all of my configs were and still are the exact same. Yet, when I go to my steamapps folder, there is no ns folder at all. Nothing pertaining to ns is in my steam folder. odd eh?

Comments

• SandrockSandrock Join Date: 2002-12-16 Member: 10905Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    it should be under steamapps/youremail/halflife/ns
  • ZerogreatZerogreat Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10537Members
    As far as i know some servers have some kinda antiscript thingies that can delete things they dont like from your configs. So this may be that case.
  • stoogstoog Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11102Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Sandrock+Dec 11 2003, 11:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sandrock @ Dec 11 2003, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> it should be under steamapps/youremail/halflife/ns <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i know that. it should be, but it is not. like i said, there is nothing in my entire steam folder that relates to ns.
  • ZerogreatZerogreat Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10537Members
    Then put it there and see what happens.
  • stoogstoog Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11102Members
    k, i uninstalled the mouseware software for my logitech mouse, and it works now. problem solved. and the steam ns stuff i'm not too concerned about. i think it's just more wierd than anything.