Ps N00b Question.

Fox_OneFox_One Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12310Members Posts: 2,597
edited December 2003 in Artwork Forum
A little help, please?
Alright, I made a few images at school on PhotoShop 7. And while they're not anything fancy, they're beyond my capabilities at home (lack of PS). The thing is, PS refuses to export the image as anything except .psd. How do I get these images into .jpg or (preferrably) .gif?

//edit
Oh, and I've got 'till 12:23 EST (When 4th period ends) to figure it out. Otherwise I'm screwed royally. (Can't upload .psds, and the school HDs are wiped on the weekends. sad.gif)

Comments

• JimmehJimmeh Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20173Members, Constellation Posts: 3,174
    Tryed save for web?
  • Fox_OneFox_One Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12310Members Posts: 2,597
    Hm...I'll try when I get back to class (lunch time now).
    Like I said, I'm a total nubcaek at PhotoShop. I just tryed, Save, Save as, Export Original, and (something I forget x.x). Thanks in advance...I hope.
  • JimmehJimmeh Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20173Members, Constellation Posts: 3,174
    You may have been in imageready by accident tounge.gif
    edited December 2003
    Oh my god...I am in ImageReady! biggrin.gif
    ROFL!! Well, that proves I'm a PS nub. wink.gif
    Wow, that was my first guess, but i thought "nah hes not that dumb" tounge.gif

If you click the button at the bottom of the toolbar it will take you to photoshop and copy all the layers and stuff onto the same image (export to photoshop basically)
    QUOTE (Jimmeh! @ Dec 5 2003, 12:06 PM)
    Wow, that was my first guess, but i thought "nah hes not that dumb" tounge.gif

If you click the button at the bottom of the toolbar it will take you to photoshop and copy all the layers and stuff onto the same image (export to photoshop basically)

Well, I got it now. Thanks. smile.gif
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 5,161 Fully active user
    The funny thing is, Jimmeh wasn't even serious about the ImageReady part.
    That's like saying, "OW my skin was burning everywhere!"
    "You might have been in toxic waste tounge.gif "
    Q: Is your goal to make everything picked the same amount of times? (from j.walsh)
    A: I don't think about it that way exactly. Sure it's good if there is a nice distribution and that is something to work towards, but really the goal in DotA's development is, first and foremost, to make the gameplay quality the best it can be. It is the combination of all the heroes, items and mechanics together that makes DotA what it is and not the individual elements alone. Sometimes that means certain things are carefully adjusted to be more frequent than others, sometimes it doesn't, but ultimately the main judge of a game's quality is not in some artificial balance metric, but in the overall gameplay quality and depth that it has.
  • RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members Posts: 3,516
    You might want to flatten the image before you save it.

It's not hard to miss, it's in the Layers menu.

QUOTE (BobTheJanitor)
    The armory isn't broken, it's the players that are broken. And if you have a problem with humanity, you'll have to direct your ideas and suggestions to your deity of choice.
    I know to rasterize from PSP8 tounge.gif
  • DubbilexDubbilex Chump Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9799Members Posts: 2,017 Advanced user
    QUOTE (RaVe @ Dec 7 2003, 06:32 AM)
    You might want to flatten the image before you save it.

It's not hard to miss, it's in the Layers menu.

Precisely - the picture will save as a .psd until you flatten the image (combine all layers into a single one). Once you've flattened it, you can save it as anything that your heart desires smile.gif
    what
  • sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Members Posts: 4,469
    ahm..thats all negative sir... it flattens automaticly when you choose jpeg and save it..because jpeg does not support layers it cant do anything else than flatten it..

i mean...i have not to flatten it to save it as jpg..even with 50 layers of crap, maybe i have the noob edition tounge.gif
  • RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members Posts: 3,516
    QUOTE (sheena yanai @ Dec 8 2003, 03:33 AM)
    ahm..thats all negative sir... it flattens automaticly when you choose jpeg and save it..because jpeg does not support layers it cant do anything else than flatten it..

i mean...i have not to flatten it to save it as jpg..even with 50 layers of crap, maybe i have the noob edition tounge.gif

Maybe, because mine can't save as JPEG using a regular save method (I don't use Save for Web)

QUOTE (BobTheJanitor)
    The armory isn't broken, it's the players that are broken. And if you have a problem with humanity, you'll have to direct your ideas and suggestions to your deity of choice.