Tachyon: The Fringe

JaegerJaeger Join Date: 2002-11-28 Member: 10202Members
<div class="IPBDescription">good game that nobody played</div> Well, yesterday evening I got pretty bored with NS, decided to give Allegiance a break and find something to do. I thumbed through a stack of old games when I came across Tachyon.

I fire it up and within minutes I'm blasting CMI fighters in the cockpit of my Orion, equalizing shields to save myself from being turned into vacuum. I exit the campaign, and head off for some multiplayer combat.

There are eight players, on two servers. Granted, the game's a bit dated (3+ years), but I was surprised at how stagnant the community was.

I've been searching for modding tools, with no success. Can't find any successful mods out there for it. I'm sitting on the last leg of the GalSpan campaign, with the Bora campaign to play through after I finish, and then this game is probably gonna be relegated back to my Stack O' CDs.

So now I ask you all, have you ever played Tachyon: The Fringe? Heard of it? What did you think?

Discuss.

Comments

• Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
    Downloaded it when it was free off freeloader.com and it wouldn't work. Never bothered to try again...

<---- *Shows off new avatar*
  • BigMadSteveBigMadSteve Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13472Members
    I played the demo of it and I loved it. I liked all the mods you could get for your ship. Can't remember much else though. Saw it in the shop for a fiver the other day.

Completely off topic: In the same shop I saw Max Payne 2 for £20! I payed £30 for it already!