My Isp = Suxorz

XodlikeXodlike Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16985Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Comcast = ...</div> Well so everything is going great when comcsat emails me saying that i spend to much time on the internet.Now im quite serprised at this because unliek other pplz i spent a whole day reading the end user license agreement or whatever. Nothing about going on the 'net to much. So I ran the speakeasy.net bandwith check..my god i had 16.6k >_>. So i call comcast, they say that they just gave me 2.0 mbps per second because I gave up my pride aswell as bitched like a kid. Now theyre saying this is payback..im like WTH^^. All i have left to say if anyone know any good ISP's because before i quit comcast, im going to get a bandwith uncapper and get my modem to like 5, the MAX!!! Now i bet this will last for 20 min than they see me, and b0rked goes my net.

Comments

• OttoDestructOttoDestruct Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Members
    If theres nothing like that in your contract sue them.
  • CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--OttoDestruct+Nov 19 2003, 08:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (OttoDestruct @ Nov 19 2003, 08:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If theres nothing like that in your contract sue them. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Silly lawsuits are the bane of mosts' existence. It's not worth it to sue.
  • OttoDestructOttoDestruct Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--CForrester+Nov 19 2003, 07:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CForrester @ Nov 19 2003, 07:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--OttoDestruct+Nov 19 2003, 08:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (OttoDestruct @ Nov 19 2003, 08:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If theres nothing like that in your contract sue them. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Silly lawsuits are the bane of mosts' existence. It's not worth it to sue. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes breaching a contract is silly.
  • Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Members
    Any ISP that counts your bandwidth usage, then penalizes you for being attracted by their "Unlike dial-up, DSL/Cable is always on!" ad campaigns deserves to get a visit from the better business bureau.
  • GadzukoGadzuko Join Date: 2002-12-26 Member: 11556Members, Constellation
    Unfortunately, they are allowed to do that according to the terms of use.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You must ensure that your activity (including, but not limited to, use made by you or others of any Personal Web Features) does not improperly restrict, inhibit, or degrade any other user's use of the Service, nor represent (in the sole judgment of Comcast) an unusually large burden on the network. In addition, you must ensure that your activities do not improperly restrict, inhibit, disrupt, degrade or impede Comcast's ability to deliver the Service and monitor the Service, backbone, network nodes, and/or other network Services. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Taken from <a href='http://www.comcast.net/terms/use.jsp' target='_blank'>here</a>... I looked that up a while ago, when I first heard about this. Comcast only comes down on you if you're in the top 1-2% of users in terms of bandwidth, so I would say that maybe you should look into toning down anything you do which is bandwidth-intensive.
  • uranium_235uranium_235 Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9478Banned
    Man I have comcast and it works great.

Better the 'Qworst'.