Won/halflife Wont Work Anymore...

jonesdaniel11jonesdaniel11 Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13387Members
<div class="IPBDescription">ever since i installed steam</div> Recently my friend had installed Steam onto his system. At this time, halflife and WON were working pefereclty. He played a few fun games on steam, everything seemed to be running the way it should. He then turns steam off to find me on msn to ask him to a game of esf on WON, he trys to turn it on and halflife doesnt seem to work properly (he was getting a measly 10fps max in my server) so he uninstalls steam and halflife and all his mods, reinstalls them all and nothing had changed at all, not a single thing and this has been tried multiple times.

Windows XP
2500 mhz
256 ddr ram
radeon 9000

Help would be most appreciated, hope you guys can help since you are my last resort.
- Dan

Comments

• DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    First off few people do a COMPLETE uninstall correctly - you can view <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=51198' target='_blank'>this topic</a> for very comprehensive instructions.

Sometimes a STEAM update can bork your WON install, so the only alternative is a clean install there.