Microphone Default Input W/ Steam

McRiotMcRiot Join Date: 2002-11-28 Member: 10163Members
edited November 2003 in Tech Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Steam forces your Mic Input to Default</div> I seriously hope the NS team can find a work around this lame problem Steam has created for us LiveDrive and other Mic Input users. I have the Hardware and I intend to use it, if that means I don't use Steam so be it with that out of the way here is the problem, I along with so many others have.

If you do a simple search on the forum at www.steampowered.com for "Microphone" you'll get a few related topics to this issue that I find to be most frustrating. Check this topic for a good example: <a href='http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24977&highlight=Microphone' target='_blank'>Mic+Livedrive</a> and for those who just want to keep reading here are some quotes on what I'm refering to.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Posted by Kriddo:

quote:

Since 1.6, i got a problem that makes me unable to speak during the game for 1 simple reason. CS 1.6 forces me to use my microphone input, but my microphone, that is connected to a mixing table, is connected to my line-input. This is for the simple reason that a mike input is mono, and the line-input stereo. I got my own home-studio.

CS 1.6 forces me to use the wrong input, is there any way i can change this because i hate it when i have to alt-tab my way back into windows to change it, to get back, and find out that the mouse pointer floats in the middle of the crosshair. I know i have to esc-resume for that, but then CS 1.6 gets the wrong input AGAIN.

It drives me nuts, can anyone help before i make a stop to my pro-gaming carreer because valve ****s up everytime? And i also got the console bug, and the keyboard-locks-up-while-dead bug, and the cannot-choose-teamskin-bug, and so on and so on.

Reply by 4T2:

quote:

Hmm, I'm also experiencing problems with the livedrive for my audigy 2 platinum. It will work fine as long as I have my recording input set to line-in2/mic2 in control panel but as soon as I launch cs1.6 it switches it back to mic1. Then I have to alt-tab out and switch it back, once switched back it works fine. This happens when I launch cs or when the maps change.
I had similar problems back in 1.5 but un-checking the use microphone checkbox in-game would fix it. I cannot find this option anywhere in 1.6. Has this option disappeared completely or has it just been moved to a manual cvar (which I cannot find)?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If the NS team can find a way to fix this and resolve my months of frustration over the small stupid things steam has unresolved your Mod and Your Team are GOLD! I love NS but even more I love how you still listen to the people playing NS, I do believe Valve has forgotten how to do such a thing. I've sent them many emails concerning this not one response and I have seriously waited in support channels for SUPPORT! yet nothing. NS is Ownage, If you EVER branch off to make your own engine or whatever I swear I'll have the first copy available! It's time for Valve to see the light, and all it will take is one good engine to get me off of HL.

I apologize for the bit of frustration toward valve they seriously just are not listening =/

Comments