Ns 2.x On Hlds_l 3.1.1.1

CaveyCavey Join Date: 2003-10-31 Member: 22153Members
edited October 2003 in Linux Server Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Seems to have 'issues'</div> Before I get into it, I know of the fix that Flayra posted, but I have tried that already. Read on...

I have had a CS 1.5 install running on a LAN server for 6 months and am now planning to port from CS to NS 2.0. I did have a copy of NS 1.x running on the server which I deleted and then did a fresh install of NS 2.0. It crashed cause I had not updated to flayra's 3111 compatible .so, so I swapped the files round. I then modified the configs, installed metamod, adminmod and hlguard and tried to runa server. It gets as far as execing the server.cfg and then it hangs including the server console in my SSH session not accepting any inputs. If I flip screen to another session, it still works, so it is not the server itself crashing out, and if I ctrl+c I can close the NS process.

Anyway, I have tried the NS 2.0 original .so (which seg faults), flayra's 2.0 release, with metamod, without metamod, with only metamod and no plugins, with each plugin in turn, debugging on, off , re-installed and tried with a fresh install but still it hangs.

I am trying to run it on port 27017 until I can get it stable so I can put it on 27015 (where the CS server is still running).

Anyone got any ideas about what really stupid thing I have overlooked?

CPU - Athlon XP 1800+
RAM - 512Mb SDRAM
OS - Debian 'Woody', upgraded to 'Sarge'
Kernel Version - 2.4.20
glibc version - No idea.
HLDS Version - HLDS 3111c (the last beta anounced on the mailing list, NOT steam)

{edit1}
Oh, ahh, and I have tried running it with the map in the command line and by typing it into the un-initiated server. Still no joy.
{/edit1}

Comments

• CaveyCavey Join Date: 2003-10-31 Member: 22153Members
    Okay, I was just reading through the <b>Win32</b> forums and spotted someone was complaining they could not get logging to work, so I added a couple of cvars to make it log more stuff than before (like mp_logmessages 1) and now it works.

Time to start adding metamod back in I guess.
This discussion has been closed.